New Super Soaker Logo?

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:32 pm

http://www.adrenaline-design.com/NewFil ... 0Logo.html
I found that in a Google search. Do you think it's a new SS logo? It would seem so. Possibly for 2004.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:40 pm

If you go to http://www.supersoaker.com you will get a pop-up of "Soaker-Tag." It looks like a new product for 2004.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:51 pm

Hmm. Maybe Larami was ripping us off to begin with. Read.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:09 am

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:08 am

The Super Soaker Logo better not be the only thing that is new.

Hmm. Maybe Larami was ripping us off to begin with. Read.

"The Super Soaker brand of squirt gun is an example of planned obsolescence. A patent was granted for a self-contained device which uses hydraulic principles to project a stream of fluid. Introduced as a toy in the late 1980s, the original Super Soaker was a "hydraulic action squirt pistol." Sales were brisk and the market saturated quickly. The second generation of Super Soaker was an "extended capacity hydraulic action squirt pistol." Sales were brisk and the market saturated quickly. The third generation of Super Soaker was an "extended range hydraulic action squirt rifle." Sales were brisk and the market saturated quickly. The fourth and final generation of Super Soaker was an "extended capacity hydraulic action squirt rifle." Sales were brisk and the market saturated quickly."

They mentioned 4 generations above. The later generation suposed to be superior to the earlier one. What is the 4th generation which is suposed to be superior?

1st Gen.= Classic.
2nd Gen.= XP/XXP
3rd Gen.= CPS
4th Gen.= ?.. .... ... Max-D?... EES?... .

There is no superior 4th generation soaker, unless there was a generation patent which came before the Classic Series. And I don't know if the patent of the Classic and XP line differs at all. The way I see it, there are only 2 generation patents. Air Pressure and CPS Pressure. Everything else are just little modefication of the same soakers of the past. If there are just 2 generation patents, then the stage-milking theory of the article is flawed, since the milking has not really stoped and the 1st generation patent is still in use after around 15 years.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:48 am

So it's like a circle? Hasbro is purposly making weak guns to confuse people for a while and them make more powerful one.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:55 am

I think so. The CPS soakers gets people hooked, while then they bring Air Pressure soakers back to make them want the CPS soakers more. And after the new CPS wave, they bring back AIr Pressure. That way, people will not expect something superior to the CPS technology. it's a clever way to keep consumers expectations low.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:33 pm

Once the patent expires any company can make CPS blasters. I think that would be in 2014. :rolleyes:
Next year better be a CPS wave. I want more blasters. ^_^

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:22 pm

hmm why Don't they just figer out a way to make cps soakers better..
jerks we want to have wars as soon as possbly not wait so you can fill your pockets

Edit:grammer
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:52 am

Improvement would mean money cost for research. Plus the consumers buy anything. This summer, all Max-Ds where sold out eventually.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:29 pm

I know what your talking about. This year, I never saw a Max-D in stores, except in like early March! Where I live the soaker stock always is bought early.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:20 pm

I still think we need a new maker that has the buyer in mind not 1 that trys to cut cost

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:46 pm

Yeah, but we can't get CPS from another company unless it is different in some way than the CPS patented by Hasbro. We'll have to wait until 2014 to get CPS from other companies if someone doesn't make a different kind of CPS.
Another company would be great though.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:27 pm

It would be unfortunate to wait to 2014 for a quality continuation of 1998 soakers. Also, by then I think Hasbro just renewes the rights to the CPS patent. it's not really difficult to compete with Hasbro at the moment, since all they mainly offer now are Max-Ds. The flaw lies more with the other companies. All they have to do is make high powered Airs Pressure soakers similar to the XP 250, XXP275 and XP 300/Classic 300. Their technologies are not copy righted. And it's not difficult to improve upon those guns either. Having a double-barel air pressure backpack soaker with a 5X-7X nozzle is not hard to do. I guess the problem is, the watergun market is being run by idiots.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:28 pm

agreed

you still can use a spring to push a pistion and you will have cps power. the only problem would be the orings wearing out on the pistion and they will have to be replaced -_-

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!