street wars

General water gun discussion.
cps zer0

street wars

Post by cps zer0 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:35 pm

what is the best gun to use for street wars?

Specter

Re: street wars

Post by Specter » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:38 pm

Probably most of the CPS series.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:42 am

For an offensive weapon if you don't care about being conspicuous, that's true. Avoid the 1-3-5 unless you're willing to modify it. The Monsters are good too.
If you can't get or afford a classic CPS then the Water Warriors Orca is similar and current.
Lanard's Total X-Stream The Blaster is also worth a look. It's a piston pumper (shoots with each pump, like an upscaled squirt gun) with near-CPS power. However, it leaks a bit on the user - check the rules don't mean you'd kill yourself with that!

The smaller CPSes - 1000, 1200 and 2100 - should be readily concealable in most good-sized bags. With a bit of fiddling you might even be able to shoot from the case -CPS guns can shoot at any angle, which helps with that. Big ones will obviously need larger holdalls or suitcases.

However, you also want a gun you can take anywhere for defense (and as a backup if your main gun breaks). (I'm assuming the Street Wars rules let you kill in self-defense; if not, they're shit rules). You want a holster to conceal it under your coat, and to be able to draw it quickly, so ideally a smooth shape with no protrusions to get caught.
I know many people find the XP 240 works well for this purpose. Personally I think it's a bit large; I favoured a Max-D 2000 before it broke. However the shape caused a few problems drawing it.
You might prefer a piston pumper, so it's always ready with no pumping required. You don't want to draw your gun, pull the trigger and find it's not pressurised any more (many guns slowly, ie over hours, leak pressure). The Water Warriors Wasp, Gremlin, or Shark should all be good - they have a very slim profile so should be almost invisible under a coat.

To be honest, I don't know what the general standard of weaponry or players in Street Wars is. Maybe lots of people just go around with squirt guns or a randomly chosen soaker. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are those who played similar stuff at college, and thus have nice arsenals and top-notch duelling skills.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:29 pm

I was under the impression that StreetWars-type games rely much more on stealth and surprise using a water gun as opposed to needing power and range. In many ways, small pistol-sized soakers like a Super Soaker XP220 or Water Warriors Sting Ray may prove more useful than a larger CPS blaster that you really can't bring out into the public without being obvious. Of course, since just a squirt is all that matters, a good performing squirt pistol is likely even better since it wouldn't require pressurizing; just pull the trigger and squirt. Water Warriors Kwik Grip XLs work decently for their size having decent range and being very easy to pocket.

A CPS-blaster in a bag or knapsack can work, but then you're needing to lug around a bag everywhere while the small blasters can travel much more discretely.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:52 pm

That's true; duels are pretty uncommon, and getting into one usually means your initial attack has failed. However, if you do get in one, you want to at least have a good match in weaponry.

Also, you're more likely to be spotted by your target the closer you are, so better range is good.

If bombs are legal and you are accurate enough they could be good. However, unless you can consistently hit a moving person at the distance you anticipate attacking from, don't bother since all you'll do if you miss is give away your presence.

And I can't believe I forgot about the Sting Ray. Fix the leaking (by filing away the stops so the cap can be tightened more) and it's a fabulous gun.

In terms of skills, the most important is probably dodging. The only real way to practice that is to get someone to try shooting you. Next I would say is accuracy, and in particular being able to make your first shot hit, ideally without hitting adjacent innocents. You can practice with static targets.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: