Unleash a Tidal Wave

General water gun discussion.
gitboy

Unleash a Tidal Wave

Post by gitboy » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:21 am

Okay, first of all, hi!

I'm new to the SuperSoaker scene, I had some time to kill, money to spend, and a toy-store in view. Bought myself a TripleShot and FlashFlood (some punk kid beat me to the last Devastator).

Anywho, I stumbled across this fine forum you guys've got going here, and thought I'd try my hand at a bit of modding sometime in the future. But first, I think I'll try and learn as much as I can from the info round these here parts, then see how I go.

Now that my boring little story is out of the way, onto another boring little story (and the reason I posted)...

The FlashFloods in the toy-stores down here (I live in Australia) all have a little strip of red tape covering some of the writing on their packaging.

Being the curious person I am, I decided to take a peek, and see what was beneath...

"Unleash a Tidal Wave"

Now, I found this rather odd. Why cover that up? The nasty tsunami business of last year perhaps? Is it like that in any other countries, or just us Aussies?

Not sure why I'm even bothering to ask, just a curious person I guess.

Well, that's all I've got to say for now. Off to scan the forum for some FF mods (any tips/suggestions, please let me know).

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:01 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

I am betting they covered that up thanks to the Indian Ocean Tsunami last year. They probably made the boxes before then. I have not seen tape over those parts around here (in the US), so it might be the decision of a local store owner.

I believe there was a thread where we discussed several possible Flash Flood modifications here. If you are having trouble finding it, let me know. You also should check out a few other websites for modifications (start with our links section).

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:36 pm

Maybe they erased it because the indian ocean tsunami was caused by someone getting overzealous with modding their FF :P

http://s8.invisionfree.com/soakermedia/ ... wtopic=512

Well, here's a thread about an FF with tons of mods on it...there's an FF modding guide somewheres...

gitboy

Post by gitboy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:25 pm

Soakerhunter wrote:Well, here's a thread about an FF with tons of mods on it...there's an FF modding guide somewheres...
Wow, that's err, a rather modded gun. I think I may work my way up to that :)

And now, off I go to do some tinkering.

Thanks guys!

P.S. Do people take 'looks' into consideration when modding their SS? Or out-and-out power/performance?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:50 pm

Generally performance comes first, although looks are sometimes considered as well/instead. Depends on what the modder wants.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:01 pm

Some people paint their water guns, though I don't see much of a point in that. Others like myself just do whatever they want to, if they think modifications are necessary.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:09 am

Soakerhunter wrote:Maybe they erased it because the indian ocean tsunami was caused by someone getting overzealous with modding their FF :P

http://s8.invisionfree.com/soakermedia/ ... wtopic=512

Well, here's a thread about an FF with tons of mods on it...there's an FF modding guide somewheres...

No offense man, but the Tsunami joke was bad taste. Autsch.
I don't recall any casual Twin Tower jokes only 12 months later.

gitboy

Post by gitboy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:47 pm

Update: My FlashFlood has decided to crap-out on me.
After using it one time (ie, filled it once, then fired until empty), it no longer fires.
Checking it over, the pump seems to be acting weird. When I pump it, it does suck water into the hose/pump, but doesn't push it into the upper tank, it just kinda leaks out around the pump-cap.
Is this fixable? Is this a common problem? I can probably go back to the store and exchange it for another, but if it's just a simple problem like, I dunno, an air-bubble screwing up the pump or something, then I'd rather see if I could fix it myself.
*sigh* Good thing I bought the TripleShot as well, otherwise I'd have nothing to do.
P.S. Wasn't sure if I should post here or not, but seeing as I'm still a new user, and I hate creating new threads (so annoying having to scroll though them all), I decided to keep posting here.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:41 pm

That problem sounds like a valve is clogged or broken. I would return the Super Soaker Flash Flood if you still could. The problem should be easy to fix if it is a clog, but if the valve was broken then you would have some trouble repairing it.

Don't sweat creating new threads or anything either. This certainly was at home in this thread. ;)

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:46 pm

I wrote an article somewheres about how to fix this problem if it's the elusive max-d valve breaking...now I just have to find where it is...

Found it. http://www.bettafoods.com/camm.htm