Diaphragm water gun patent by Jeff Zimmerman

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
SSCBen

Diaphragm water gun patent by Jeff Zimmerman

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:17 pm

I've recently found the Water Warriors diaphragm water gun patent by Jeff Zimmerman, who is also known as Big Bee if I remember his name correctly. Of course, it is possible that there are two Jeffs in the same company, but I find that unlikely in this situation.

This patent is very interesting and I would suggest for those interested in Water Warriors water guns read it. The patent number is 6,802,756.

To me, patents are the best water gun technology writings ever made. There's so much out there and you find something new and interesting every day. Of course, I do wait to get a good printed copy of each patent before reading more heavily into them, but this one I thought was too interesting to delay!

Edit: Also check out patent application 20050035148. For those who were at WaterWar.net, this was the battery powered water gun Big Bee was talking about making. The water gun wasn't manufactured, but the patent application is still there.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter MJ

Post by Peter MJ » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:56 pm

What is also interesting to note is that this Mr. Jeff Zimmerman himself was formerly employed by Larami Limited.

The patents given as references are intriguing as they document much of the development of the water gun and Mr. Zimmerman apparently has quite a bit of experience regarding the CPS technology.

It will be quite interesting to see if they can improve upon this diaphragm technology. Certainly something to watch out for.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:10 pm

I personally don't see much potential in diaphragm unless they changed the design so that it was more linear. Performance would increase to say the least. There's much more they could do as well, though I believe they know all I do and more...

Checking the references, I can see that Big Bee also designed the Super Soaker Monster X and Triple Charge. A quick search also revealed that he made the ornamental designs for the Super Soaker XP 270 and several other smaller water guns. He also is listed on what appears to be a patent on Max-D (6,631,830). I knew that he and some of his employees worked for Larami, but I did not know that he had such a big job!