Making my first super soaker

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
sam

Making my first super soaker

Post by sam » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:17 pm

Hey I was wondering in this http://www.sscentral.org/tech/homemades/aph.php where I could find all these parts, I live in Toronto Ontario Canada. Also I was wondering what is the trigger mechanism. I do NOT want to buy a water gun. I want to build one. Thanks.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:52 pm

The trigger mechanism is the ball valve. If you open the ball valve (turn the handle) the water shoots out. Here is a picture of one:

PVC and its components should be available at most hardware and home improvement stores.

I don't know why you say that you do not want to buy a water gun when Super Soaker Central does not even sell them.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

sam

Post by sam » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:04 pm

Originally posted by Drenchenator@Jun 27 2005, 01:52 PM
The trigger mechanism is the ball valve. If you open the ball valve (turn the handle) the water shoots out. Here is a picture of one:

PVC and its components should be available at most hardware and home improvement stores.

I don't know why you say that you do not want to buy a water gun when Super Soaker Central does not even sell them.
[snapback]25558[/snapback]

Thanks, but some people suggest when I try something new, I buy something first. And that is not a viable option.

Another question I have is; how long will the pvc last for, and how long will the ball valve last for?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:19 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central sam!
Another question I have is; how long will the pvc last for, and how long will the ball valve last for?

The PVC and its components should last indefinitely. That is, unless you pressurized it beyond it's pressure rating or you otherwise damage it.

Homemade water guns made from PVC will outlast any other water gun unless it is made of stronger stuff. PVC pipe is several times thicker than what is used in Super Soaker water guns.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:20 pm

well you could make it with metal pipe....but thats just not practical...