2005 Super Soakers in the UK

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:19 pm

Super Soakers at Index.co.uk

"Hydropack" - £29.99 ~ $56 US
Flash Flood - £19.99 ~ $37 US - ouch... :blink:
Arctic Shock - £14.99 ~ $28 US
Triple Shot - £9.99 ~ $18 US

"Available February 2005."

The Hydropack's gun looks awfully small. Can't see the nozzle though, so it might just be good (I'm hoping for between 5x-10x). Not sure whether it's going to be worth buying one when compared to my CPS 3000, though... <_<
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:52 pm

56 dollars! What a rip off! While the price is a bit high IMO, it's good to see the new line showing up on the net. B)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:43 am

Remember that the US dollar has taken a steep plunge against the British Pound, so therefore prices will be extremely high. That is why buying from oversees would be a bad idea. I wonder when the new guns will make it across the Atlantic? :blink:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

yeahyeah

Post by yeahyeah » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:54 am

Umm they already are -_- Remember the post from Chris Reid and my post about the aquapack? The aqua is $30.00 US

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:56 am

The backpack looks tiny and the CPS chamber in the gun can't be very big either. If you look at the pump handle, it looks to be less than two inches long!

With prices in the UK compared to the USA, normally you can just leave the amount the same and just change the sign. So a $30 soaker in the USA would be £30 in the UK.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:14 pm

That sucks! Hate hasbro :angry: The triple shot would be okay if it was CPS (looks quite without though to be fair). I have a £30 hasbro voucher from the recall of the monster rocket which I saved for 2005s supposedly "good" guns. Do you reckon I should get the Hydropack or a triple shot and a flash flood?
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:54 am

I would go for the Triple shot and a Flash Flood. Wait, I take that back, I would wait until later un the year and get all three on sale but if you can't wait, just go for it. Either way, take some stats, I think I speak for everyone when I say I want to know which guns are worth their price (if any).

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:21 pm

Before we go hating Hasbro, remember, no one has much information aside from pictures of these guns. They could be using their space very efficiently for all we know, it may look small but hold more for a gun it's size.

Of course, that backpack is 3 liters, but who's stopping you from modifying it so it's larger? Cylindrical PC expansion mods aren't very hard as well. With some slight adjustments (no power-modding), you could have a viable gun.

People were complaining about no CPS and when we get it... what do you guys really want? :P

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:11 pm

Yeah, we do seem to hate the CPS guns don't we! Well in england they still rip us off so we can hate them. They charge us twice as much basically.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:31 pm

I went to Index today and one of each gun was in stock. I didn't see them (obviously must have been in the warehouse), nor did I buy one, since I still feel that £19.99 is too much to pay for the Flash Flood, although I was slightly tempted by the Triple Shot.

Argos didn't yet have them in stock (that is, the Flash Flood or the Devastator), but they are apparently soon due in.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:21 pm

I am tempted to go and get/have a look at them when they are out in stores. In some aspects they look ok but again compared to how Hasbro used to make Super Soakers its not so good. The pictures of the blasters don't really give you much of a clue of how they are going to perform. The ones that I have my eye on are the Triple Shot and the Flash Flood. I not sure about the Aqua Pack it just doesn't look very good but again we don't know much about how it performs yet. Again I may wait a while since I am in the UK where Super Soakers are stupidly overpriced. I usually buy all my Soakers on eBay unless I find some store selling discontinued things at discount. It looks like the Triple Shot is air pressure but when you look closely in Index's picture of the gun the regular nozzle looks the size of a fairly big CPS nozzle. But again these are just pictures that don't give much away at the moment.