Waterball SL175 Review

General water gun discussion.
dodger87

Post by dodger87 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:50 pm

I bought my Waterball SL175 just after reading the clubaquatica.net forums. What a big mistake. The guy at clubaquatica said it goes max 36 feet at 45 degree angle and the ball is an inch in diametre. What a load of bull. The ball would be lucky to make its advertised 20 feet and the ball is as small as a droplet. Yes the technology may be very interesting but I returned mine the second I tried it out, not worth the money. And not only is it short range and weak, it's also really dang slow. The advertisement says 40 shots a minute, that is probably right, but that is bloody slow. It takes about 1.5 seconds to cock one shot.

I think it is safe to say that the Waterball SL175 is the biggest piece of s*** to be sold for $40. I could utilise my saliva a lot better. I could make a ball of spit with a bigger radius, spit further, more accurate and at a faster rate.

On the cover it says "Now you have the power of rain in your hands". They are partially correct. Because each shot is like one little tinkly rain drop. A more correct statement would've been "Now you have the power of a raindrop in your hands". If you haven't got a mental image on how XPBackfire-esque this thing yet, just imagine you're sitting there reloading your SS and some jack comes up to you with his SL175 releasing his wrath of raindrops on you. You sit there continuing to relaod your SS unaffected by him. You can either sit there accept the shots and get XPBackfire-esque all wet, and when your done blast him with your SS or you could just use your hand and slap the shots away. I'm serious thats how slow and ineffective the waterball is. I was trying to get my friend and he just stood there blocking and slapping the water balls away. And not to mention the sound it makes, the noise the spring makes will give away your position easily.

All in all I was very disappointed. 4/10, 0 for soakage, 4 because the waterball is quite fascinating in that in can shoot water in the form of balls. If it was a lot cheaper than I would understand. But it costs twice the price of an XP-270! For that kind of price it should do something rather than just make balls of water. I do admit the technology is interesting but not worth the money. I would much like to see Hasbro try and make a better and more effective version of this, because the idea of using waterballs is very fascinating.

We also tested the max range, it was about 17 feet.

[edited for swearing]

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:15 pm

I'd reccomend sending this to Doom, at submissions[at]sscentral.net.

Anyway, hello! And welcome to SSC!
I don't check this forum anymore.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:28 pm

:blink: :huh: You swore :Hey, that's funny.: , I thought only Adim could do that? Any way that is true the water ball launcher 175 someones brother bought one and was wondering if he could mod it because it was so bad.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:02 pm

Soaker Leader, post with better s&g or you will get an R/O. Spellcheck your posts if you must. Second, this is NOT in the proper forum, it should be in submissions. Moving.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.