Greetings!

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Sean

Greetings!

Post by Sean » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:07 pm

Okay I'm "slap the baby's butt" new at this but this site has been very helpful.

Why I'm here:
Like a post mentioned else where I'm part of a group doing the river wars thing. It's a river race through town and we drench each other as much and often as we can before we get to the finish line.

Part of the hitch is that the rafts should be home made. Only one team did that last year so they won by default, the rest of us went down in tubes, inflatable rafts and kyacks(sp?) with whatever weaponry we had. This will not happen again on my watch. :D We plan on launching a whole armada on the river with some serious firepower.

I have this idea for a water cannon/turret kinda thing but I'm not sure yet. I still have some things to figure out. Basically distance isnt nearly as important as volume. What we have going for us is no shortage of water and plenty of people. One person can be the gunner and another supply the water/presssure. The barrel and trigger assembly seems pretty straight forward but from there on things get kinda hazy. I'll keep looking around and try and digest what I find here before I pepper you guys with questions.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 am

Have you considered building a few APWLs (also known as water launchers)? It sounds like you have enough people to be able to pump, allowing you to rotate usage of multiple APWLs. In fact, if you were really into it, it might be possible to attach multiple Schrader valves to a single APWL. You could also pressurize several tanks beforehand and use a regulator to keep the pressure up.

Water supply and time might be the most obvious problems with APWLs--but it looks like you've got both factors taken care of. Good luck, but you should be fine with just a couple homemades with nozzle selectors and riot blasts.