"Rapture" SAP Weapon

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:48 pm

The "Rapture" Sivayth Anti-Personnel Weapon is an experimental homemade. I've never made a homemade before, so please go easy on me.

This gun is made from parts of my old broken Arctic Shock.

I was thinking that the Main Reservoir of said Arctic Shock (the part where the water goes into and where the ice core is stored) should be attached to the former Firing Chamber (the part where the water is pumped into and where you shoot out of) via a whole truckload of plumber's epoxy. The pump, minus the vinyl tubing attached to it, should be adequate as a handle. Some vinyl tubing attached to the Main Reservoir at both ends should make for a good secondary handle, I think.

I'm still looking for ideas on a trigger, pump mechanism, and the nozzle, among others. Got any suggestions? Post them here!

-Krauvasth

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:39 pm

I'm sorry to say this, but I extremely highly doubt that you will finish this project. Smaller water guns already lack performance and it would be hard at best to turn one into something worthwhile, even one that is closer to a homemade water gun.

I suggest using PVC pipe and well established methods over canibalizing old broken water guns. ;)

Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:32 pm

While I respect your opinion and your honesty, Doom, I have faith in this project. I'll take part of your suggestion to heart, however. I can probably use a combination of PVC piping and gun parts, and I had a recent idea to use a bicycle pump as the pumping mechanism.

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus