Anti-vaporizer

General water gun discussion.
hooligan

Post by hooligan » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:03 pm

Hey all,

When I got my soaker, I had used my vaporizer indoors, its power felt good to me. But when I shot it outside, the weak stream of water was carried away or slowed down a ton by the low wind. It doesn't shoot far at all. I was expecting this a bit, but really, for me, even with 2 hands I only got about 4-5 meters (12-15 feet roughly). It was so...weak. I'm going to return it for a liquidator or dual Max-D 6000's. It's just too hard to use as a back up for my 2100. In fact with this, my 2100 will probably have to be the back up for the vaporizer.

However the pluses, for those who have not seen the other post praising the vaporizer, is that if you are using the vaporizer and you're in a team war, while everyone is getting pumped at the beggining (if they haven't already), you can fall right into their line of fire and let loose possibly not even getting soaked. It's an amazing gun for close-range scouts. Otherwise, if you're going for anything close to long range, I say give this a pass.

By the way, Doom is it okay if I take a pic of this gun, review it over, your style-ish, and email it to you? I will be more detailed and more descriptive in the actual review.

PS I actually meant anti-vaporizer
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:19 pm

Sure, whatever. I actually have a Vaporizer, but if the review is good enough I can add it to the site.

My Vaporizer shoots like 35 feet stock. I must be stronger than you or something. The Vaporizer would be better if it had a larger nozzle and was modded to have a backpack.

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:07 pm

So I basically have the entire review written. What's your email address? (Sorry about the one liner message)
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:31 pm

My email was on the site. It's [email=ben[at]sscentral.net]ben[at]sscentral.net[/email].

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:41 pm

I can shoot my vaporizer 30 feet. Were you shooting straight into the wind? If so, you shouldn't be blaming your gun for poor range.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:07 pm

I do not like my vaporizer one bit. It is weak, small, and annoying. I was extremely dissatisfied when I bought it especially after everyone on the site said it was good. My cps 4100 is about a gazillion times more powerful and I think is actually easier to handle. I wouldnt take the vaporizer if it was free. Its just a waste of space and water. Hooligan, you should take the vaporizer back and get the dual max-d 6000s.

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:26 am

Okay, I am here to address a couple of things.

First of all, Doom, when I send a hotmail message to you, it always fails.

And to bluesmudge and yall, I didn't shoot into the wind. There was a sideways draft. Not too much. I don't really like the vapor. I like it indoors...but what use is that? Also, I don't want to spend much, I might get a liquidator, but they are 15 CDN! Holy XPBackfire-esque! Dual Max-D 6000's arer too expensive. My dad complains too much, plus I don't know if it will be worth it. They got a 7/10 rating on this site. Also, I'm a grunt/sniper not recon. And they're 25 bucks! PLUS DREADED TAX
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:30 am

The Liquidator is total XPBackfire-esque, don't even consider getting it. If I were you I'd get into modding or homemades and save the money to get a great gun later.

blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:14 am

If you have $20, I would highly reccomend the CPS 4100 as it is a great gun, the best in stores now, and in my opinion, the best soaker period. Doom is right, the Liquidator is TOTAL XPBackfire-esque. It's an oversized pressurized reserve gun and not worth XPBackfire-esque, literally.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:21 am

I personally like the Liquidator. It has decent range, and a nozzle size about 2 times the vaporizer. I like my liquidator more than my vaporizer, because I can use it one handed. None of these guns are good main weapons exept maybe the 4100. If you are looking for a good back-up, either get a Max-D 2000, or get the Liquidator and use the XP-215 that comes with it. Give the liquidator to a comrad.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:24 pm

The only thing I have to say about the XP 215 and Liquidator pack is that the XP 215 is less than 1/4 of the Liquidator's size and it has better range. Simple as that.

Sorry about not responding to the email problems hooligan. I don't know much about hotmail because I don't use it. Try checking if my email address is typed in right. I really can't help much with that. Maybe if I emailed you first it would work?

blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:11 pm

Just the other day I went into a Toys R Us and took a Liquidator to the counter. I said to the cashier, "Do you want me to pay in XPBackfire-esque, or just take it for free?" and the guy laughed and agreed that the soaker was XPBackfire-esque. I then took it back and proceeded to run around the store acting five years younger than I was. If the XP 215 has better range than the Liquidator, there is a serious problem. The Liquidator is total XPBackfire-esque, but I didn't know that it was THAT much of total XPBackfire-esque. If you want an inexpensive, easy to find, good ranged (41-42 feet on 8.5x), powerful, lightweight gun, I would reccomend the 4100 like I said earlier. Otherwise, save up and do like Doom said, get a great gun off eBay or something. Actually, the 4100 is a great gun. Well it's your decision. I would not reccomend making a homemade, however, since they are difficult to make. If you are very good with soakers, however, then I guess you should make a homemade, as they are way more powerful and way better than any gun that has ever existed, if you make them right.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:50 pm

since they are difficult to make
I wish people would stop saying they are hard to make. The only people who say that haven't made one themselves. I think homemades are well worth the effort to make them. K modding with check valve freezing was much harder than making my latest homemade. Homemades are much easier to make than most say.

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:54 am

Well....I haven't quite gotten to return the vaporizer yet, but I did happen to get it to be OKAY for ONCE.

So...I was letting my friend use my cps 2100, and he said since that he got the betteer soaker, I get anywher eI want to be while he gets to be in the garden, so I crawl up to his balcony and see him behind a tree. I take a shot, the stream splits and doesn't make it. IT SUCKED. Then he heard me, ran out into open range and pumped a couple of shots into me. Well, I rolled to the side of the balcony and dodged them, getting some splash on my face, and quickly reacting to soak him while he pumped. Eventually, he soaked me entirely while I only got the front of his shirt wet.

STUPID VAPORIZER!
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:16 pm

I wouldn't blame the Vaporizer, though I'd love to. The Cps 2100 is powerful, while the Vaporizer is a piece of lowly weak XPBackfire-esque. Actually, it doesn't even deserve to be called that. The fact is that the 2100 is about a gazillion times stronger than the Vaporizer. Actually, almost every gun ever made is a gazillion times more powerful than the Vaporizer, except the Helix.

I'm going to call it the Vapoorizer from now on (envy is a great movie) because it's the XPBackfire-esquepiest gun ever made except for the Helix.