buy soaker in australia?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
killbox

buy soaker in australia?

Post by killbox » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:20 am

hi im new to the community and i just wanted to ask wheather there are powerful supersoakers on sale in Australia....I know there are the hasbro range of soakers but is there anything more powerful and also not that expensive.? :D

Silence

Re: buy soaker in australia?

Post by Silence » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:09 pm

You're not going to be able to find many water guns with old-school power. The best place to find older, more powerful water guns would be eBay.

You're actually fairly lucky in that your summer is most other peoples' winter. At this time, Super Soakers on eBay are ridiculously cheap, at least from northern-hemisphere sources. If you're willing to pay shipping, you'll find a bunch of good deals right around now.

If you wanted water guns that can be found in stores, try Buzz Bee Toy's Water Warriors lineup.

killbox

Post by killbox » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 pm

well i was thinking of getting the arctic blast from hasbro is that a good one?

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:09 pm

It's passable, I suppose. For a real review you may want to search the forums (the search button is at the top of the page), Google, or iSoaker.com.

killbox

Post by killbox » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:33 pm

thanks it looks like an ok gun for me :) is there anything i can do to make it stronger?

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:03 am

You should really be asking StormGlorious about this because me and him actually live in Australia and have quite a collection of soakers. StormGlorious just bought a CPS 2100 off ebay. It was worth it. BIG TIME. If you do buy stuff off ebay you must understand that most of time the delivery fee is bigger than the cost of the product. Particularly in Australia.

Oh and keep an eye on an ebay user called celebdesign he appears to bidding on all the old soakers.

killbox

Post by killbox » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:08 am

could someone tell me what model this is and weather i should get it?http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-SUMMER-WATER ... dZViewItem

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:52 am

I'm positive that model is a fake. The shape looks like that of the Aquapack Devastator, but the packaging and colors are clearly imitation. The performance is probably terrible, too.

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:23 am

Looks kind of dodgy to me. There should plenty of other soakers that are better than this.

killbox

Post by killbox » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:08 am

well i cant seem to find any that are good? :confused:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:50 am

There's usually not many water guns in eBays other than the US, Canada, the UK, and other parts of Europe. eBay might not be your best bet unless you look in foreign eBays where shipping costs will increase.

Look at local stores for water guns. Try the Buzz Bee Toys line. Try homemade water guns. There are a lot of options out there.

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:32 am

Don't use the Austalian ebay. It barely has any good soakers.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:56 am

Don't use the Austalian ebay. It barely has any good soakers.
Agreed. I've been searching it nearly every day for the past year since I moved to Australia, and the only thing worthwhile I found was an SC PowerPak at the beginning of 2007. Everything on there is just fakes and knock-offs.

Your best bet is to search the big department stores, like K-Mart, Target, Big-W etc. and see what they've got. I've seen most of the '07 Super Soakers in there. I quite liked the Arctic Blast, and the Tiger Shark is another decent gun that you might be able to find as well. You might get lucky and find something older and better, but it's unlikely.

If all else fails, you could try building a homemade. Good luck!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:25 am

sbell25, how easy is it to get PVC in Australia? We had a member a few months ago from Australia who said that a homemade project would cost about $AU1000.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 am

WOW. When I built my APH back in New Zealand (you might remember it from SoakerMedia) it cost me about $130 all up. I've found that PVC is quite a bit cheaper in Aussie than in New Zealand, some of the stuff is half the price, and there is access to bigger sizes as well.

Apparently Reece plumbing is a good place to go in Australia, however I've found a local shop which has all the stuff I need up to 4", and is a lot cheaper than what I'm used to.

Out of curiosity, what sort of homemade project was it? I can't imagine anything that isn't nuts costing $1000.