Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
Dee

UserID: 1326
Default new-just saying hi

Hi,
I am new to this, and just wanted to say hi. I am a mom with a son who loves
water guns. He has a 1998 super charger, but our neighbor broke his QFD.
So, I have been checking out this site to find some answers on replacing, or making a new one. Wish me luck, as this is his favorite gun.
Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
hydroblitz

UserID: 1015

Wow! I'm surprised! I haven't been here for long, but I think you are our first mom! Congrats! And welcome to the forums!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
C-A_99
Administrator

UserID: 809

I think there might have been several moms around asking for help before. (though I wouldn't remember)

Anyways, I might be the first to actually have started creating special hose nozzles. In another thread, I threw down some ideas for a custom hose system that not only shoots farther than traditional garden hose nozzles, but also lets you fill at the same time. At Home Depot, I found a piece that just happened to fit onto the SC nozzle.

Yes, unless you want to search all over the place for a QFD, you'll have to do some work buying PVC and assembling stuff, drilling, etc. (and may have to glue stuff together unless you're using a simpler configuration) there are several ways to approach this, depending on what you need, how much you're willing to spend, etc. Yes, you can simple buy just enough for a QFD, but it just so happens that you can, in almost all cases, use the same device to shoot, fill, etc.

For a simplified nozzle, I got a hose adapter to 3/4" male thread (which also apparently has a 1/2" female thread inside), then got a 3/4 threaded PVC ball valve (you can get brass if you want, which is more durable but costs more), then a 3/4" male plug goes into the other end of the valve. The 3/4" plug happens to be shaped to fit the SC nozzles, so after that, you'll have to drill this piece. I'd recommend a no larger than about 1/4" to 3/8" hole in the very center, and it should be at least 1/8", otherwise it's too weak. To fill up, you'll have to stick the nozzle in and open the valve. Use teflon tape to secure the threads of course.

I haven't finished mine, and haven't tested at all yet. You may need a larger or smaller nozzle, which may compromise it's ability to shoot. (however, it should always be able to fill non-SC guns)

The other method is more complicated, so I'll only describe it. You use 2 ball valves and a T joint, so one valve controls shooting through a nozzle, while the other valve directs to the 3/4" plug. (charger and filler)

Last edited by C-A_99 : 07-26-2007 at 04:27 PM.
C-A_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
Dee

UserID: 1326
Default thanks

Hey,
Thanks for the welcome and the ideas for a QFD for the super charger. It is greatly appreciated!

Dee
Dee is offline   Reply With Quote