Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
smartboy11

UserID: 1286
Talking What is good?

Hi. I am looking into getting a new water gun. Can you give me a few good ones if I want one with average weight that fires a good distance, but is still pretty powerful? I was thinking about getting a Water Warriors Blazer. Is that a good choice?
smartboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
C-A_99
Administrator

UserID: 809

If you can find a Blazer, yes. I believe they work better than the 2007 Orca, just be wary of the older electric pressure gauge activation switch. It's right behind the main trigger and will very well annoy your hand at the least. (which is why many choose to remove it)

If you do soakfests a lot, you might want to look at the Arctic Blast. (or Flash Flood, but I believe that one breaks more easily) However, if you get either one, it's a good idea to have a drill ready to enlarge the small nozzle, while a simple screen removal for the shotgun blast should do. (though many also prefer creating nozzle selectors, which involves using some PVC, gluing it on, etc.)
Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
smartboy11

Talking

I think I'll get a Blazer because I already have an Arctic Blast. I was looking at one on eBay. The link is below. Can someone tell me if it's real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...hippingPayment
Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
smartboy11

Question

Sorry about double posting, but does the Blazer have a powerful stream?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

Welcome to the forums!

That looks like a real Blazer, at least to my untrained eye. The smaller streams are probably strong enough, but don't expect as much power as a CPS-line water gun on the larger streams. Range should be fine with the smaller streams, though.

Oh, and you can always edit your first post to add information.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
soaker

UserID: 1290

I found that my water warriors lightning works well and I got it for cheap it was $16.00 CDN for it and a yellow Jacket it's really good value for it's money.
soaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
isoaker_com
Administrator

UserID: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartboy11
Sorry about double posting, but does the Blazer have a powerful stream?

Powerful is a relative thing. The Blazer possesses good power against the average stock soaker and can probably do well even against some of the more legendary soakers like the CPS1500 or CPS2500. However, compared to the power delivered by various modded and homemade water blasters, the Blazer might be considered baseline to some.

That said, I like the Blazer and the 2005 model (the Blue one), has some good features. The electronic pressure gauge trigger is poorly placed, though, and if using it is not important to you, I'd suggest covering up that trigger with tape to prevent stress on your hand.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #8
C-A_99
Administrator

UserID: 809

For any gun with a pressure gauge trigger, I'd have to suggest removing it (just the trigger pieces, unwiring everything else doesn't do much to lighten up the gun except battery removal), the presure gauge is just plain useless, and anyone with half a sense of how a water gun works won't need it at all. (just count your pumps and know when the PRV starts working)

As to power, I believe the Blazer's is about the same as the WW Orca, Piranha, Tiger Shark, etc. neither of which are very powerful at large nozzles, but have great performance and range with smaller nozzles. (though range obviously won't be nearly as good as heavier CPS's and k-modded ones) They are about the best guns you can find on shelves today, other than the Flash Flood and Arctic Blast. (The FF and AB are actually more powerful, but without a little nozzle modding, they won't get nearly as much range, and have less capacity than the WW's)
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #9
hydroblitz

UserID: 1015

Get a Max Infusion Flash Flood or an Aquashock Arctic Blast with an aquapack.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #10
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydroblitz
Get a Max Infusion Flash Flood or an Aquashock Arctic Blast with an aquapack.
I agree - from what I've heard, the Arctic Blast packs a lot more punch. I'd suggest doing some nozzle modifications though if you want more range.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #11
ZOCCOZ
Water Gun Scholar/Veteran

UserID: 454

So Blazers are rare nowdays? My local London Drugs store sells a bunch of them for $14.99 CAN.
ZOCCOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:32 AM   #12
hydroblitz

UserID: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOCCOZ
So Blazers are rare nowdays? My local London Drugs store sells a bunch of them for $14.99 CAN.
Same for me but $19.99 CAN. I own a Blazer but not from London Drugs. Not the brand WW either.