Throw Me A Frickin Bone Here

General water gun discussion.
TWM Darius

Post by TWM Darius » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:34 am

Hey guys, I used to be an active soaker enthusiast 1-2 years ago, and I've stumbled upon these forums and I'm seein' a lot of good things going on. Anyway, anyone want to give me a history of whats happened in the soaking community since about the time WaterWar.net was created? I see a few familiar names, but not many.

I saw your homemades, Mist, very nice. Anyone still call you Mist, or are you officially Doom now?

Anyone who hangs around Nerf forums might know me as Vassili.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:01 am

Hey, I remember you from Aquatica. Don't you have a CPS 10000?

I'm not Freakymist. Mist and I started this site some time ago, but since then Mist has stepped down as an active admin.

I'll give you a crude overview of since WWN started. WWN was started in later 2002 right? Well, a few months after that, SSCentral.net was started (March 29th, 2003 I think). The most interesting thing since then has been the WWN reboot (which lost all the posts) and SSCentral redesign. I don't remember all the events, I probably could make a better timeline this afternoon.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:52 am

From what I remember the WWN reboot was around late August- early September 2003. As for the comunity itself, I do not know if there is much change since Im not familiar with Aquatica. The big suprises this year is the disapointing "even year" of Super Soaker, which should have been raising the envelope, since an even year is usually good in Soaker History. Another big suprise is the owner of a Soaker companie called Water Warriors making contact with the soaker comunity and even regularly posting in WWN, and taking advice and suggestions from soaker useres to improve his toy line. Also X-Streams and other companies turned up making the market more interesting. Oh yeah, and CPS soakers on ebay are a gold mine this year.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:24 pm

Yeah, you might want to sell a few of your larger soakers if you don't need them. Then check out Sports Authority and buy a XPBackfire-esqueload of 2100s (and MXs if you're lucky), or make homemades from the money.

TWM stands for Toga Water Militia, right?

TWM Darius

Post by TWM Darius » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:24 am

Sorry for thinking for were Mist, Doom, now I remember you. You were the guy who had all those drawn-up homemade ideas right? Mist is pretty much gone now? That sucks.

TWM does stand for Toga Water Militia. For about two summers we had little skirmishes at least every other week, good times.

I did make a 10k, among other K modded CPS's and collosus MXs and 4100s, which was pretty rare when I did so, although now it seems not uncommon to K mod anything. Do modded CPS's sell well, because I don't have any unmodded ones?

I could possibly sell all of my arsenal off and use the money either in airsoft or a WBL just to screw around with. Anyone made a semi-auto one yet, or even bolt action?

edit:: Any other old-timers still here?

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:41 am

other people on the net have made bolt action air powered launchers (not for water balloons) but you still have to use a bike pump :( . there's a link somewhere in the tech forum... I just can't find it....
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:10 am

Yep, that was me. I made quite a few designs, but never made anything until a few months ago. Those designs were total XPBackfire-esque btw. Mist isn't gone, he actually was on today. He just doesn't do much here anymore.

No one has every sold a modded CPS from what I know. I would expect it to sell pretty good though, since people pay a buttload of cash for most CPS guns on eBay. Today CPS 2000s go for over $100 pretty much every time on eBay. Modded guns might just be the same.

AquaTech (you know, the WBL guy) just recently made his first few posts here, even though he was one of the first people to join. His return topic is below, ask him and he'll probably tell you what you want to know.

http://forums.sscentral.net/index.php?showtopic=961

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:17 am

*gasp* Doom swore. He said XPBackfire-esque Hey, that's funny.
I just gotta know. Can Doom bypass the language filter, or does it just not apply to him...you...

EDIT: wow, is the language filter down? I thought that would turn up as poop. Can anyone else see that I said ****?
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 am

Originally posted by DoomSoaker@Jun 4 2004, 02:01 AM
Hey, I remember you from Aquatica. Don't you have a CPS 10000?

I'm not Freakymist. Mist and I started this site some time ago, but since then Mist has stepped down as an active admin.

I'll give you a crude overview of since WWN started. WWN was started in later 2002 right? Well, a few months after that, SSCentral.net was started (March 29th, 2003 I think). The most interesting thing since then has been the WWN reboot (which lost all the posts) and SSCentral redesign. I don't remember all the events, I probably could make a better timeline this afternoon.
Sorry for this offtopic post, but March 29th is my birthday! However, this site is not up to the greatness of a birthday present to me. But you should give it to me anyways, doom. Nice going there with the language, blue. Doom's going to kill you when he wakes up with his eastern time and stuff.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:23 am

So you can see ****? The language filter is down? Ok, Ill edit that out.
BlueSoak.net

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:27 am

Uh oh, I can't edit. This restricted thing is stupid, now my post count goes up for no reason, and Doom/Moderator gets mad at me for saying ****!
Either make it so I can edit, or take me off restricted, because I think this hurts the site more than it hurts me.
BlueSoak.net