need serious help on monster xl

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
goodenathan

need serious help on monster xl

Post by goodenathan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:56 pm

i just bought this monster xl on ebay and it loses pressure! I know nothing about these things other than pumoing and shooting! please help this water gun illiterate man out!

Silence

Re: need serious help on monster xl

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Are there any leaks? If so, you need to open the water gun and look for the leaks.

It's possible you have a leaky pressure release valve.
Last edited by SSCBen on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodenathan

Post by goodenathan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:47 pm

yes the person i purchased it from said before hand it leaks from the quickfill and it losses pressure! if i have to open it ill be nervous and worried ill break it. this is new to me

it leaks from quick fill, scared to take apart
Last edited by SSCBen on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:09 pm

There's no reason to be scared to take it apart. If the water gun is already broken you have nothing to lose by taking it apart.

Is it leaking from the inner pipe part of the quick fill? If so, it's a bad seal so there's not much that can be done. I'd suggest cutting the white pipe shown in this image and filling it in with putty epoxy after cleaning up the cut and sanding it with coarse sandpaper. Wait for the putty epoxy to cure and your water gun should be repaired.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:29 pm

How's progress on this? Did Ben's and SilentGuy's tips help?

If the didn't help out much, please post an image of the damaged area. If you suspect that to be inside the gun, you'll have to open it up. But remember--your gun is already broken; there's nothing that really can go wrong that won't leave you with the same thing as before, a broken gun. Don't worry too much; most repairs are straightforward.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.