Monster XL Broken

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Pieter

Post by Pieter » Tue May 03, 2005 4:17 pm

1: My monster XL is broken, the vital functions work ok.
2: The quick fill is a little curved, bipod broken off.
3: I can't put my SS down on the normal way, and I cannot quick fill well.
4: Soaker is 4 years old.
5: I don't know how I can replace the bipod, and don't know how to bend the quick fill right.
6: (no pic atm)
7: My gun is a monster xl

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 03, 2005 10:04 pm

Putting your repairs in our template format will save us all time and ensure you get the correct repair.

It seems that you may only have to warp the QFD back into shape, or possible remove it. You also could replace the QFD with another similar device, though we'll need more information to fully help you.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:14 pm

I would advise you take a picture, we can probably better determine whats up with your gun if you provide a picture of the gun and the areas the bipod is broken at. When you say "quick fill" Do you mean the tap the gun is inserted into or the 1 inch tube connecting into it? I would estimate that your gun is about half way through its life. Again if you take pictures I can tell you if you can attach the bipods or not (I have removed mine dozens of times). Get those pics and we can help!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed May 04, 2005 1:26 pm

I can't figure out why its broken, does it leak a lot out the QFD? if do, either warp it back as doom suggested, or just plug it with epoxy. Its really sad when a gun as valuable as a MXL is broken, in some cases. I got mine free because it was broken. Then I fixed it. :P