broken storm water gun

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
wally

broken storm water gun

Post by wally » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:31 am

i have a storm 760...its pumps fine but when i press the tigger ,nothing.
I think the trigger is broken..is there any way i can fix it??

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:28 am

Sorry, we can't have multiple identical threads...I deleted the identical one in the General subforum. But if you added this afterward because you realized it needed to be moved, then it looks like we have a smart new member! However, you'll also want to check your grammar.

You'll never find out what's wrong unless you open up the soaker--and sorry for the vague answer, but I don't know much about Storm guns and repairs. There could be a host of different problems, and if you don't see anything obvious, I'll prepare a list of possible problems. I'm sure Ben has that covered, but he isn't here this week.

Check for simple things like a missing trigger-to-trigger valve wire, and you could try manually pulling the valve. You might not know what to look for, but check everything that makes sense: the trigger pulls the wire, the wire pulls on the pull valve's plunger, the plunger actually opens, there aren't any leaks, pressure gets built up (I think you said that, though), etc.

Rooting through the older Repairs topics, there are a ton of similar ones. On the third pretty much random thread I looked into, I found a CPS 3000 that had the wire missing or something like that. In the morning I'll check out the others, when there's more time and when the pull-down search menu actually works.

And I'm using most of this reply in the other thread that just popped out about the same thing, but with a different gun...there's no point slogging through the writing of the same (meager) answer. Don't be afraid to compare results, even though the technology in the two guns might be vastly different. Good luck with the repair!