2100 pump repair

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
HappyDappy

Post by HappyDappy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:48 pm

Well, my living room's a mess with soaker parts as of now. I was forced to open up my beloved 2100 because the pump handle on it broke.

I am unsure how this happened but one day I was pumping the gun up and all of a sudden the pump wouldn't go back anymore. So I pushed real hard (stupid of me really) and SNAP, the pump handle snaps in half and I'm left with an incredibly hard problem of fixing the pump handle and figuring out a way to make the pump on this gun slide easier.

I tried epoxing the pump back together but it wasn't strong enough to work the pump so I guess I'll need to make a new one.

Lubricating the pump slide does not work as it is just too tight.

If anyone can help, please tell me.
Thanks.

PS. I own the mk2 2100. Sorry I don't have pictures.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:13 pm

You'll need to drill a hole through the pump handle where that little column of plastic was that held it together. Then place a long screw through that hole which will reconnect the pump halves and it's fixed. Assuming that when you pulled back hard the plastic column snapped and the 2 halves of the handle came off. Sorta vague without a pic.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:04 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/images/pumpslot/DSCN0156.JPG
http://www.sscentral.net/images/pumpslot/DSCN0160.JPG

Months ago, I modified my CPS 2100's pump slot to be stronger in the same fashion Duxburian recommends. These pictures might help. I will be getting a guide up on this repair/modification eventually.

HappyDappy

Post by HappyDappy » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:50 am

Hey, thats a good idea actually. Thanks :D .

Any way to make the pump slide easier other than grease (which didn't work)?