Gread video of a water gun test. Don't try at home....

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
thebrenner

Gread video of a water gun test. Don't try at home....

Post by thebrenner » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:37 am

On a recent rafting trip, I made this monster. It fit perfectly in the raft, used a bicycle pump to pressurize (160 psi) and could shoot 2.5 Gallons about 90 feet straight up. I'm very proud and had to show it off to others. If enough people are interested, I'll put up some more pictures but here is a link of one of our many test shots...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0

Drenchenator

Re: Gread video of a water gun test. Don't try at home....

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:10 am

Wow, that looks great! I have trouble believing your range estimate though. Water guns powered by air pressure have a tough time getting past 60 or so feet out, let alone up. Ben's air pressure piston gun gets in the 70s, and it was designed for range. This gun did get 80 to 90 feet because it used a water pump. That's what it would take to get that kind of range.

I would love to see some more pictures. It looks like it has some monster output!
Last edited by Drenchenator on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:14 pm

Those are incredible statistics. I'm not so sure of the range either, but regardless, the video was quite impressive.

You could get more range by using only large-bore tubing and by using a conical fire hose nozzle from McMaster-Carr. This design probably creates excessive turbulence.

Still, great job, and welcome to the forums! :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:39 am

Nice water gun! Great work.

Post some more detailed pictures and statistics. I'd be interested in seeing some closeups especially.