What's wrong with my Sneak Attack?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
djohnson293

What's wrong with my Sneak Attack?

Post by djohnson293 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:49 pm

I recently discovered a problem with my Sneak Attack soaker. When I pull out the piston to pump water, it will spring back in releasing some water. If I hold the piston out for a few seconds then let go, it won't spring back. How can I fix the problem?

cantab

Re: What's wrong with my Sneak Attack?

Post by cantab » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:04 pm

Sounds to me like you're pumping hard enough to create reduced air pressure...somewhere. The question then is where.

Try pumping with the reservoir cap off. Does that make any difference?

SSCBen

Re: What's wrong with my Sneak Attack?

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:28 am

Interesting. Sounds like you're moving the pump too fast for the flow in the valves to handle. If you pump it too fast, it'll spring back because of some negative pressure likely from some air in the tubes, and that might cause a little bit of water to release. When you hold it for a few seconds, all the water has a chance to flow in.

There's probably nothing you can do to prevent this problem. One of the tubes or valves might be partially clogged but I doubt it unless your water gun is old and has been used often. It might be inherent to the Sneak Attack. I haven't read much about that water gun so I don't know. If I were you I'd either return the water gun or call Hasbro and complain. They'll send you a free replacement water gun. ;)