super soaker monster xl parts

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
powell.heather

super soaker monster xl parts

Post by powell.heather » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:34 pm

I bought the supersoaker xl monster off ebay, and sent it to my husband in iraq. he was locking it in an office and one night the roof fell in and put a hole in the tank. he has tried to fix it with some compound of some sort, but with the 150 degree weather it is making the tank crack. is there any way to get a replacement tank? I would HATE to ahve to through this thing out cause we paid an absolutely ridiculous price (under orders of his First Sergeant).

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:35 pm

This is perhaps a rather unusual situation...

Anyways, I'm not sure what the military would have, but what I would do is find a good piece of plastic (such as cutting some stuff off) and epoxy it onto the tank, but since it seems like the whole tank is gone, something else that fits into the tubing/pipes will have to be found... Maybe vinyl tubing could be connected to the rest of the internals, then that tubing can be attached to another tank/bottle.

Just remember, the reservoir doesn't hold pressure, and it's only there to store water. As long as water gets sucked in while the pump is being operated, the gun will work. (the rest is just fitting the reservoir on so that the handling works well)

powell.heather

Post by powell.heather » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:54 pm

thank you. i will see if we can try something when he gets home --- the heat is doing a lot of damage every time he tries to epoxy it.