Shooting Airsoft BBs from a soaker?

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
champ021

Post by champ021 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Which commercial Super Soaker can you fire airsoft pellets out of?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:32 am

This question is completely off topic for this thread. I tried to move the post to a new topic, but I cannot get the moderator tools to work in this topic. If you want to ask a question, create a new thread, do not post in an unrelated topic.

As for your question, I don't see the reason to shoot BBs out of a Super Soaker. Some Super Soakers should be able to though, but this is only because their nozzle's have the correct inner diameter. I do not know which ones would be able to, because this would not be a viable (or desirable) method to shoot BBs.
Last edited by Drenchenator on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:07 am

My mod tools are working, so I moved the posts in the thread to "Off topic" - if you want to move it again, you can...

There are better ways to shoot BB pellets... like a BB gun! Oh my god - would you have thought it?

In a BB war, you do not want the low powered single shot BB gun that you would get from this.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Having been into Airsoft Springers, I have wondered that myself. A Soaker has much more air pressure than a pistol. So in theorey, perhaps one could shoot out a BB with 500-600 FPS with a CPS. Now having said that, pulling that off would be very difficult. Where do you fill the BBs, how do you prevent the soakers from cloging or destroying the internals? Also soakers don't have a Hop Up system, so BBs can go flying somewhere else.

Its an intruiging theory, but you are better of just buying a good airsoft gun. In case you are under 18, stay away from Airsoft guns, and consider paintball instead.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:32 am

Why a CPS?

I could go out and build a launcher that could fire a plastic 6mm BB supersonic if I wanted, so modifiying a water gun to fire BBs sounds silly.

Believe me - not human safe.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:14 pm

You want a propper Airsoft gun. I've got a Marui FAMAS.......mwahahahaha! :cool: 1000BBs a minute, each doing 90m/s.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:28 pm

joannaardway wrote:Why a CPS?

I could go out and build a launcher that could fire a plastic 6mm BB supersonic if I wanted, so modifiying a water gun to fire BBs sounds silly.

Believe me - not human safe.

More pressure for your buck with a CPS. i am not saying that conveting a CPS is a good thing to do. Its just an intruiging thought.

According to many Airsoft guys, buying an airsoft is the best solution. Some have done homemades, but bbs on there are not that accurate if one doesn't have $500+ of recorce material.

Good custom airsoft would be this: http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/mercha ... tomAirsoft

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:06 pm

A CPS has no pressure whatsoever - I tested the theory in several ways.

A vortex feed can fire 3000 BBs a minute, at far higher speeds than 90 m/s.

As I said - I can and have fired BBs at a confirmed 360 m/s - eat that. It's rather inconvient to do - so I would build something else for doing it regularly - few people have seen a BB go through a fence.

And, I'm experimenting with a new theorical feed with a potentially higher efficency, less jams, higher ROF and more power. And far easier to construct.

Your evil laugh? Nothing against what I can do.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:29 pm

What evil laugh?

My experience in Airsoft is mainly in springers shooting 250 FPS. So a CPS shooting out those BBs would be step up. Again, not that I would recomend it.

How do you power the hoemade airsoft stuff? Green gas, electric?

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:33 am

joannaardway wrote:A CPS has no pressure whatsoever - I tested the theory in several ways.

A vortex feed can fire 3000 BBs a minute, at far higher speeds than 90 m/s.

As I said - I can and have fired BBs at a confirmed 360 m/s - eat that. It's rather inconvient to do - so I would build something else for doing it regularly - few people have seen a BB go through a fence.

And, I'm experimenting with a new theorical feed with a potentially higher efficency, less jams, higher ROF and more power. And far easier to construct.

Your evil laugh? Nothing against what I can do.
I guess that was a metal BB? plastic ones tend to explode ;) Also, the best tool for launching metal BBs is a catapult, you can get some monsterous ones.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:44 pm

My current build is powered of compressed air.

The "BB machine gun" will be run off regulated compressed air.

That was a metal BB, but I have fired plastic ones even faster with a decent lubricant.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:34 pm

joannaardway wrote:My current build is powered of compressed air.

The "BB machine gun" will be run off regulated compressed air
That was a metal BB, but I have fired plastic ones even faster with a decent lubricant.
A BB gun machine gun can also run off electric, like mine does.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:06 pm

Yes, but a compressed air BB machine gun is far more powerful and has a higher ROF.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:20 pm

joannaardway wrote:Yes, but a compressed air BB machine gun is far more powerful and has a higher ROF.
Ahh, never tried a compressed air. Gas and electric are comparable in power though.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Interesting topic. I've mentioned that you can shoot airsoft BBs out of the nozzle of Max-D 5000s, as the pellet doesn't really fall out of the nozzle until you shoot. However, the performance is terrible, since you're pumping forever and then you get terrible range and accuracy--even worse than an airsoft gun that doesn't use hop-up.

Gas is far more potent, because it can release energy far more quickly than is practical with an electric system.