XPS

Threads about water gun modifications.
Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:46 pm

My friend is only armed with a XP 270 and he has no money for a CPS (yet), so I'm going to heavily mod it for him! I doing an XPS mod, a backback mod, a pump reinforcement, a check valve freeze (hopefully) and a nozzle drill to 5x

Does the internals require reinforcements if I XPS his gun?

What other mods do you suggest I do? Or which of the above do you suggest I don't do?
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

blaze

Post by blaze » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:01 pm

Well if you're doing all that I would suggest stretching out the plastic PC so that your XPS mod can get more out of it. Otherwise, your PC will only hold enough for a 5 second shot max.

However, if you Don't want to do that, I would say just do a check valve freeze without an XPS. On an XP gun, check valve freezing will allow you to pump more to create more pressure in the PC, thus giving more power.

You shouldnt need any internal reinforcements in the gun, as there won't be enough pressure to break anything.

I suggest that you forget the backpack mod unless you plan to kill the whole gun. It won't be an XP 270 once you mod it that much. It'll be a gun made of various mods, with a few pipes from an XP 270. And the nozzle drilling will make the shot time suck. But that's your decision.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:23 am

Ok well I'll forget the nozzle drilling, but he needs the backpack mod because we hardly have anywhere where we can fill up where we battle.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:07 pm

If you do some kind of PC expansion then it might be ok to add a backpack. Possibly replace the PC with a 2 liter bottle and use a tubing clamp to firmly attach the balloons or even if you want a real great CPS system, latex rubber tubing.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:00 pm

;) Purely out of interest how would you get latex rubber tubing? ;)

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:02 pm

I wouldn't XPS or nozzle drill an XP270 because the PC is just too small. It has a really short shot time as standard, if you XPS it or drill the nozzle it'll just have about a second of firing :huh:. You'd need to expand the PC quite a bit for that to work. Backpack mod would be useful for it.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:04 pm

Well we did XPS it today, we have 10 seconds of shot time. And it never had a very short shot time!

In your sig, you said your XP 310 had your own power mod, what is it ?