How do u mod and open guns so easily?!?

Threads about water gun modifications.
MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:22 pm

I can't mod! My gun winds up breaking when I try to open it and I can't get the screws out!(or back in)......also does K-modding really do a lot?
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:52 pm

the K mod increases your power depending on how many balloons you put on. You can put on 15-35 without doing a Check Valve Freeze, and 36-80 if you have. I put on 15, it gives a nice little kick to it.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:21 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/tech/oys.php

Maybe that will help, post if you have any more problems.

pilchard

Post by pilchard » Sat May 01, 2004 5:27 pm

I find with a proper screw driver unscrewing the gun is fairly easy, the part that might get you is the orange rings around the nozzle and/or pump. To get those off I usually put a knife in the groove, and try to ease if off on all sides. Some of the pump orange things are unscwerable, so Don't break it trying to pry it off if it's just a screw on one. Some nozzle orange things need to be cut off(I.e. some 1200's) but seeing as they aren't important anyway, its not a great loss.
live to soak , soak to live
- The Zealots motto

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat May 01, 2004 11:21 pm

I would say do not use power tools. I used one for removing and putting back on my cps 4100 nozzle selector and both times I used to much power and stripped the screw. the nozzle selector is in permananly now, unless I drill but then I'd have a permanant riot blast...ugh.

Xray

Post by Xray » Sun May 02, 2004 4:21 pm

You can use power tools (like a cordless drill) , just use one that has a torque setting and set it fairly low. Almost all cordless drills have that now... even mine does, and it was a steal, so cheap & quite good.

Anyways, if your screws are rusted like mine - you get out a drill bit. Drill out each screw individually. If you are careful, you can do it without ruining your SS, I had to drill out EVERY SINGLE SCREW on my CPS 2700 to get it open! The screws are sooo rusty after being outside for 3 years, through winter & summer (yes im lucky, my gun stays outside during -30C for 2 winters and it keeps on working&#33 ;) . I also had to drill out each and every screw on the CPS Ball, aswell as the trigger valve (to reinforce it and replace seals).

Then you have the task of closing it again. This is also tedius. Take locking pliers and you can try to take out the drilled-out screws be hand. This is basically the only way to do it, and after this you must find new screws to replace the old ones with.

If your like me - you just salvage the working innards of the gun and toss the rest in the trash & head for the local hardware store, buy a few parts, and make a new gun with some parts of the old one, and some of the new.

-blake

strongshooter

Post by strongshooter » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:30 am

I had an old pressure soaker (can't remember the model might be something 600?) that worked for years even though I left it outside during a bad winter in alaska (-40 degres F) it finally broke about 2 years ago and I got myself a 2100 and a 4100 but looking at them I am always amazed how much more durable the old guns were

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:24 pm

Uhh, this topic was over a month old and your post didn't add much. Don't bring up dead topics.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:59 pm

I'm sorry for carrying this topic on, but if I start a new thread I get told off

does anyone know how to open an xp 110 fully? the screws all come out fine, however I can't get the red protector around the nozzle off. I tryed using a screwdriver to prise it off but all it did was damage the plastic
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes