Homemade CPS bladder

Threads about water gun modifications.
djohnson293

Homemade CPS bladder

Post by djohnson293 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 pm

I read the CPS PC expansion mod and was wondering if it's possible to replace the very short bladder on the Arctic Blast with a longer, homemade bladder. I was hoping to make the bladder just like the one in the Super CPS guide and then mod the nozzle to 1/4". The goal of this mod is a much more powerful bladder with a much longer shot time, rather than performing a Colossus mod which is said to reduce shot time.

aEx155

Re: Homemade CPS bladder

Post by aEx155 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:19 pm

djohnson293 wrote:I read the CPS PC expansion mod and was wondering if it's possible to replace the very short bladder on the Arctic Blast with a longer, homemade bladder. I was hoping to make the bladder just like the one in the Super CPS guide and then mod the nozzle to 1/4". The goal of this mod is a much more powerful bladder with a much longer shot time, rather than performing a Colossus mod which is said to reduce shot time.
I guess it would be possible if you found a way to connect the new bladder to the gun. A similar-in-diameter bladder would certainly work.

If you're going to go through all that trouble though, don't you think it would be easier to build a homemade? You'd get much better performance than with the homemade, albeit it would cost more.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 pm

It's actually been done already, detailed in Ben's thread. (By the way, Ben, you might want to upload it to the site under the individual gun mods.)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:14 am

Silence: Not sure which modification you're referring to. I put the PC expansion modification on the website, though not under individual gun mods. Perhaps I should add a link there.

djohnson: You're looking for a PC replacement modification. It's listed under repairs because it's usually a repair. With this being said, the Arctic Blast is a limited system to be building on and if you're going to go to the trouble of ordering LRT, you might as well build a homemade water gun. Though, no homemade water gun is the size of the Arctic Blast, so this could be useful especially in combination with the multi-nozzle modification

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:10 am

I must have misread the first post. djohnson, I suppose you've already let the bladder expand farther but it's being limited by its own length now, right?

Ben, I was wondering whether you had uploaded the entire Arctic Blast modification article. It would then be listed under individual mods in the Modifications section page.