Water Warriors Pulse Master

Threads about water gun modifications.
baboon

Water Warriors Pulse Master

Post by baboon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:30 am

Hi,

I just picked up a water warriors pulse master from kmart chatswood along with 2 xp 270s.

i sort of know how to mod the xp 270s, but i need ideas on how to mod the pulse master.
thanks

Silence

Re: Water Warriors Pulse Master

Post by Silence » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:51 pm

I don't think anybody on this forum has had experience with the Pulse lineup, but iSoaker has published internals gallery and a review.

I honestly can't think of too many worthwhile mods, because the water gun already has power, volume, and a nozzle selector. You could add a backpack if you really wanted to or repaint it if you'd prefer other colors. Other than that, I don't know what to say. If you want more range, you'll have to increase the power of the spring inside the pressure chamber (current, well-documented power mods won't work). But then you'll have to really reinforce the chamber's case when putting it back together.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:02 am

I haven't used the Pulse Master, but I do own the smaller 2 guns in the lineup. As Silence said there aren't any worthwhile mods to do. The PC's in these guns are too small and difficult to mod to make it worthwhile, and in most other respects (nozzles, capacity etc) the gun is pretty good anyway.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:49 pm

I think in general Water Warriors tend to be a bit less moddable, because they're closer to their limits to begin with. The Pulse range has a small pressure chamber by design (the idea is quick pumping to full power).

I reckon the most likely to succeed would be a shotgun/riot blast nozzle. I have the Water Warriors Argon, which is somewhat similar, though much smaller, and it works OK on that. However, the already short shot time would be made even shorter.

I suppose one could outright replace the pressure chamber with a larger and more powerful one - but such probably wouldn't fit in the gun.

Standard stuff like reservoir expansion, backpacks, whatever can be done.

You probably COULD add a quick-fill, but with such a tiny pressure chamber, there's really no point.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

baboon

Post by baboon » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:54 pm

Thanks guys,

your replies have been quite helpful. I suppose the best I could do is paint the gun cuz the colours look quite crap. Meanwhile I'll keep searching for a cps 2000

Jono