Questions

Threads about water gun modifications.
smartboy11

Questions

Post by smartboy11 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:11 am

Hi. I'm completely new to Water guns. I recently got a Super Soaker Aqua Shock Arctic Blast. I'd like to know what are some of the mods for it. I've never done a mod before, so it would be nice if they were sort of easy. Also, what is your overall best Water gun you ever used. I am thinking of adding another to my arsenal. Thanks in advance!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:36 am

The most common, easiest, and perhaps best mod for the AB would be a nozzle drill on the small nozzle. Just don't drill it too big, and drill it straight and clean to minimize abnormalities to the stream. Also, removing the screen is typically recommended. (both of these minor nozzle mods are very commonly done on the AB's older brother, the Flash Flood)

You can also try a collosus mod, which actually boost the power directly (as opposed to simply allowing more stream to flow through the shots), but I believe they are also difficult, especially on that particular gun. The mod involves getting the pressure chamber case open (easy for most cases, but for some cylinderical ones you'll need to cut stuff out), then stretching bike tubes and/or latex rubber tubing over the initial pressure chamber (if you still want to do it, just ask, but personally, I don't think it'll be that effective anyway as the AB is already powerful for it's capacity)

smartboy11

Post by smartboy11 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:50 am

Thanks. This may sound stupid, but would I drill from the outer area where the water comes out, or on the interior of the weapon?

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:37 am

If you drill straight into the hole from the outside, that should work. You shouldn't have to open the soaker to drill the nozzle...however, you might have to open it to remove the screens
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

cantab

Re: Questions

Post by cantab » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 am

From what I've heard there's lots you can do with the AB. The pressure chamber's amenable to enlarging due to its location.
From what I've heard, drilling the small nozzle isn't such a good idea, because the tubing leading to it is too small. Instead, it's possible to replace the riot blast nozzle with a _smaller_ nozzle to give a good stream. Of course, drawback is you lose the stock riot blast, and unless you change the way the trigger works, the gun become two-handed

SSCBen

Re: Questions

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:49 am

Replacing the Arctic Blast's riot blast nozzle with a different one is pretty easy and non-permanent. A 1/2 inch adapter fits snuggly over the riot nozzle with the plastic sounding it removed. Check out this page and scroll down a bit to see the modification: http://www.sscentral.org/mods/multi-nozzle.html