Resivoir expansion made easy

Threads about water gun modifications.
Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:34 pm

I was playing with the left over innertube from my collosused monster that I had and figured out a simple way to expand the reservoir of any watergun. For guns like my xp 310 you can fit a 2l bottle on the reservoir's cap area. To make a snug fit you put a layer of innertube over the threads on the 2l bottle. Then you make a small hole on the bottom of the bottle. You then attach the 2l bottle to the soaker. You can use the hole on the bottom of the bottle to fill the soaker and the hole keeps the bottle from crunching. If you need more than a 2l expansion then you can get a bigger bottle and put the innertubes around the threads on the soaker so you can fit the larger bottle on. Right now I have an xp310 with a gallon larger reservoir than stock. ^_^ Later - Nick

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:58 am

Thats an good idea. But very impractical in a battle. A container that large sticking out of that cap is very odd. And makes the balance of the gun very weird. It can also be knocked out with a large bump. Such as jumping around, or running.
It will also put stress on the soaker. Who knows what the effect could be.
And, if the gun is tilted upside down, a small amount of water will spill out.

The solution is to drill a hole in the reservoir, and run tubing to a bottle tapped to the top of the bottle. Seel everything with epoxy or ductape. Or yo can use a large diameter drill bit (2" or larger) and drill out the back, and slide it a hacked off bottle. This way you keep the same shape of the gun. On shorter guns, it can also adds a stock/shoulder support. Once again, seal with epoxy or duct tape.

Anyways, kudos to your design.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:50 am

Sounds exactly like the Liquidator reservoir expansion mod, except the Lquididator one uses 3 liter bottles. It's not too bad actually, you can just lean the bottle against yourself, and it doesn't move much to begin with. I would use teflon tape instead of a slice of a bike tube though. Just remember to dedicate an entier roll to it.