How To Host Your Own Super Soaker War

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
BoltMasterZero

How To Host Your Own Super Soaker War

Post by BoltMasterZero » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:50 pm

First thing, do not tell anyone you are having this war. It's your secret. You don't want some annoying poser to be calling you while your planning.
Now, you need to find a good location. It really depends on how you plan to play. You need to have some sort of water supply avalible. It should have places to hide, places to run, a soft ground, like grass of sand, nearby bathroom facilitys, maybe water fountains, some bushes are always good. Also, it should not be a place where little kids will be playing, for soaking a little kid won't go over very well with his parents. Or anyone. Make sure you are not tresspasing. A good place is a school or church playground. Ask the owner if you can use it on a day when no other people will be around to bug you. Public parks are NOT the best idea, WAY too many people. If you wanna use someone house, that usually works good too, as long as there are no pedestrians, and lot's of good land. Also, you will want to make rulings for this war. This ones all up to you, it's your war. Length is something to consider. Good times are from around 11 to 3, or whatever you want. Just not too early or not too late.
Also, you will want to find out about lunch, or food, or whatever. You may want to have everyone bring food, or maybe go carpool to Wendy's. Just wait afterwards. Running around and greasy food don't match. Make sure everyone drinks, so they don't, like, friggin pass out in your face. When people arrive with parents, be polite. Asure them thier child will be safe, and will have fun. Also, don't be rude to passers-by, and don't be swearing at the top of your lungs. The last thing we need is the police on us. Now, set a date, and rain date. Make it a day when most peolpe can come, a Saturday is usually good, and avoid days where there is expected bad weather. Make kids where appropriate clothing. Now, at this point, you may start posting online, making flyers, telling friends. Give them all of the information they need. You want to have a succseful war.
On the day, make sure you have gotten plenty of rest, and have eaten a good breakfast. You are going to want to bring a little fix kit, for the poor guys whos guns break, including:
Duct tape
Screwdirvers
Hot Gluegun
Scissors
Pliers
Epoxy
Anything else I didn't think of you may need for a quick repair.
Also, bring extra guns break your own, or a kid may need some. Your the host. Provide. You may want to have kids write their names on their guns. Another problem is people saying "That didn't hit me! You missed!" And being bad sports. Oh well. You have the right to kick out anybody who wishes to be uncooperative.

I cannot claim this article as being entirely original in fact in may have been made by Ragornocks of Nerf Hq and Nerf Haven then edited to fit soaking needs. Yes, this was my idea. :D I think it needs glue.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:58 pm

Good article, whoever it's written by. Whenever I have a war I usually tell everyone, maybe I shouldn't next time because tons of little kids pour in. Then again, a good slaughter is fun.

I do hope we can have several large wars in the future. I'd love to go to one.

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:17 pm

I could tell that came off of a nerf something. I've read a lot of nerf stuff just like that before.

Cyber_Gun

Post by Cyber_Gun » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:52 pm

Well I hope I can organize some descent wars. Mabey my parrents can have like a party with there stuff and me and my friends could juust have a mega a skirmish. I still need more guns though. I am getting some this weekend cause every gun I have is broke. I have lik an accre backyard and live in Peoria, AZ. So we will dry off fast. Good article. And as for kids being poor sports I will drench them if are. I will probably buy a couple guns this weekend. Mid size- large. To bad I have to buy them at walmart.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:00 pm

In reality, this topic is 2 years old. Cyber_gun, I should be frowning on this, but I guess this would be a good one to have near the top of the list approaching summer.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston