Planning a water war

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
TheSoakinater

Planning a water war

Post by TheSoakinater » Mon May 21, 2007 9:09 pm

I'm planning a water war, and I'm not sure what the age limit should be. I think 10 is a good minimum, but I am not sure about the maximum age. I don't want anyone to get hurt. Some help with that, and some tips for organised water fights in general would be apriciated.

^TheSoakinater^

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:14 pm

An age limit shouldn't really be necessary, but if you must (with consideration of who might be able to come and their ages), maybe 8 is a good mininum. Just get the rules and make sure people follow them and you shouldn't have any problems, especially if you're not using pneumatic WBL's. (high powered water balloon launchers powered by air)

Without a battlefield, knowing your preferences, and estimated number of players, I can't really make any decent suggestions. Since there seems to be a lot of kids around, maybe just a capture the flag soakfest is the best option, you probably don't even need rules on jails, etc. (but maybe for dropping the flag if the flag carrier is getting hit) Just test and think, and try what you think works best.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 22, 2007 12:31 am

Yep, there are tons of things to consider. Also, an age range (like 5 years - say, ages 11 to 16) might work better, or you could just do it subjectively.

What type of water guns are you using - squirt pistols for the 10-year-olds versus CPS 2000s? Of course, situations like that can be remedied by have large numbers. A huge capture-the-flag game would be great!

Who are you inviting in order to have such a tentative age range? Is it everybody in the neighborhood? If so, maybe you could end things with a barbecue or something. Just a though. :cool: