need help

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
P)i(sces

need help

Post by P)i(sces » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:55 am

ok so i've looked thruout your entire site and cant find anything for a basic homemade PVC pump water gun. like the ones you use when going on a float trip.
you stick the nozzle in the water and pull the handle back to pull in the water.
that kind of thing.
if you guys could give me a link to get a guide to one of those it would be greatly appriciated

aEx155

Re: need help

Post by aEx155 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:15 am

Welcome to the forums!

From what you're saying it seems like you're looking for a piston water gun. We do have some links, but they're a bit indirect when you're looking for them. Anyways, here are some that might help:

the Waterzooka

Sac American River Syringe water gun

a forum where someone was planning to build one

Those should be enough to help you get started. If you need anything else, I suggest you looking the Homemades section (if you haven't already), as it has a lot of information a some general things that might not be in those posts.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:23 am

Welcome to the forums! I see aEx has taken care of all the searching already. :cool:

A river water gun is nothing more than a pump with a nozzle on the end. To make the nozzles, use a 1/2" male adapter (regular socket to male threads) and 1/2" female threaded endcaps. Drill a hole in the center of each endcap and you're done. :cool:

P)i(sces

Post by P)i(sces » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:41 am

thanks for the reply! this is exactly what i was looking for!
i was also looking at the APH, but it just seemed a bit too much for what i wanted.
im pretty sure the people im going on this float trip with are not gonna be happy to be blown away by a ton of water. anyways thanks again and ill be back on here for more help with water guns!