ProjectHope

General water gun discussion.
ProjectHope

ProjectHope

Post by ProjectHope » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:54 pm

I have always thought of planning an attack on my friend's brother because he has always picked on me with his bare hands and through water. So one day i decided to google the art of super soaker fighting and sscentral came up. After that i became really into my idea of attacking him.I would like to thank sscentral for helping me and really motivating me.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:51 pm

At Super Soaker Central, we do not encourage anybody to use soakers for violence--indeed, we openly discourage that. Although the myths of eyes being blown out of their sockets and the such are completely false, a powerful shot from a CPS soaker can easily knock somebody unconscious or temporarily/permanently blind the target--and that doesn't even count homemade riot blasts. We will not approve of posts regarding violence, and we take no blame for any damage done--though I will suggest that you either avoid your friend's brother or report him.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:39 am

I think he means to attack as in soak, not assault.

And there is no way a CPS shot can possibly knock somebody unconscious. They are not that powerful, not even at point blank, not even in the eyes. The only way to get hurt is a shot to the eyes, and homemade riot blasts are not powerful. They dump tons of water, sure, but they are not more dangerous than any other stream. A Water Launcher at point blank could knock a small person clean off their feet, but even that does not have enough power to cause unconsciousness. I think you're taking the "risks" a bit too seriously.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:06 am

I'm talking about when you hit the specific points that cause severe pain--and in those cases, the pain will certainly knock somebody unconscious. For example, take the temples--in martial arts or even during a standard punch, that point can cause unconsciousness. And it should be obvious that a powerful shot, if hit in the precise location, can pack far more punch than, well, a punch.

But yes, you might have a point...I'll just wait for ProjectHope's reply, even though he probably won't come back again.

ProjectHope

ProjectHope

Post by ProjectHope » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:36 pm

Need help on a suprise attack on my friends brother

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:49 am

I don't know what to suggest, mainly because you haven't provided enough specific details. It's somewhat vague right know, and I really don't even know what you're asking! However, there's a chance somebody else can see what I'm missing...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:04 am

"Tum tee tum tee tum..... omgsplosion *attacking noises* what happened to my face? *scream & sudden view of badger* spurgle floop"

That sounds like a surprise attack to me. It was an attack, and it was very surprising... or do you mean an ambush?

More info needed.

What soakers do you have,
what does he have,
where do you plan to ambush him (describe terrain),
where can you ambush him (describe terrain),
can you distract him an instant before the attack,
is he expecting any form of attack,
who does he have to help him,
who do you have to help you,
what cover can you make use of,
what game type is it,
have you tried before and failed,
have you any experience in the matter,
have you any access to camoflage gear/improv cam gear,
is this during the day or the night,
and what is at stake?

^That is what I would like to know. If you tell us all that then we can help.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

ProjectHope

ProjectHope

Post by ProjectHope » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:46 pm

I meant water not violence . How in the world would i be able to take down a 19 year old when im 14. we are going to attack him when he comes home from work with his dad who is a plumber but he said he woundnt help but will help to try to get the cell phone away from so we dont get it wet.Please reply im running out of time.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:49 pm

I tend to find that if your target is unarmed, then you have little trouble "taking them down" - unless you expect him to have a soaker when "coming home from work".
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

ProjectHope

project hope

Post by ProjectHope » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:22 am

Has anyone heard of surgicial tubing? Itis great because it can be usend a squirt gun an a water balloon Launcher

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:28 am

Yes, I have heard of surgical tubing.

Please enlighten me - what does "usend" mean? Or rather what did you intend to type there?

The forums seem almost dead today... I need my forum revival kit.

I suppose - several people are away on trips...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:24 pm

Yes, a few people who have kept the forum active have been away, namely SilentGuy. There's some interesting discussion going on at iSoaker.com though. ;)

I myself came back from my trip early, but have not been feeling good. I must have got some intestinal virus from one of the other hikers. I spent most of yesterday watching TV actually. Today I would go running, but it's far too hot. I think I'll organize some more content during the less busy time.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:38 pm

SilentGuy wrote:I'm talking about when you hit the specific points that cause severe pain--and in those cases, the pain will certainly knock somebody unconscious. For example, take the temples--in martial arts or even during a standard punch, that point can cause unconsciousness. And it should be obvious that a powerful shot, if hit in the precise location, can pack far more punch than, well, a punch.

I don't know about that. Even with pre-teens I would still say they have a better chance injuring someone with a fist. A punch has still more of a "punch". A human fist has more mass, density and has also grounding and body weight behind it. Plus the velocity is equal or more in a moving punch than that of a CPS stream. While a CPS shot to the temple might casue some unpleasant feeling, a punch on the other hand will just plain realy hurt.
I have always thought of planning an attack on my friend's brother because he has always picked on me with his bare hands and through water. So one day i decided to google the art of super soaker fighting and sscentral came up. After that i became really into my idea of attacking him.I would like to thank sscentral for helping me and really motivating me.
That sounds like the olden days where you sometimes bought a soaker to even a score. That brings back memories.
Just buy a soaker with a 5X+ stream. Probabaly ebay. A CPS 1000/1200/2100 at the least. Then aim for the ears and nose.(Aim for the eyes on your own gudgement, since they tend to get you in troble if he is temporarly blinded.) In soakfests I used to aim for the ears with two CPS 3200s streams wich causes sometimes the guy to loose his balance and tip over.

[Edit]: I am aware that much of that battle style seems somewhat mean and perhaps irresponisble, but its fun. Plus the other guy has it usualy coming.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProjectHope

ProjectHope

Post by ProjectHope » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:28 am

Our team is just trying to get him wet not hurt him

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:09 am

It won't be that painfull. Just enough to make it interesting and keep people multivated in a soakfest once everyone is soaked. However different strokes for different volks.

On a sidenote, sending me a PM of what you exactly said in this thread is not necessary.