Need Help Finding A Gun

General water gun discussion.
jordannn

Need Help Finding A Gun

Post by jordannn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:56 am

Like the title says i need help finding a certain gun these are the only things im looking for:
Long Range
Battery Operated!!!
Please help also im new here so i dont understand ANYTHING for custom guns and i need this because i had an idea for a turret but i need a gun with my two search criteria's :P
And anybody who cares when my turret is done il have videos :P

cantab

Re: Need Help Finding A Gun

Post by cantab » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:34 pm

The Water Warriors Scorpion may be suitable, but it's not made any more.

The Water Warriors Tarantula has less range, but it might still be enough.

Avoid the Water Warriors Jet, its range sucks.

You can find reviews of all three on isoaker.com
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:52 pm

As cantab said, the best battery powered gun is the Scorpion, but it is no longer on shelves. The best battery powered soaker still available is the Tarantula. It's not that great, but if you must have a battery-powered, then it will do.

Most battery powered water guns are not as powerful as "normal" ones that you have to pump.

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:54 pm

Yeah, why is the battery a necessary criterion?

I've never owned a battery powered water gun in my life and don't know anyone who has, so I can't really comment, but it doesn't seem strictly needed.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 am

Yeah, seems more like a novelty to me, but as long as it's one of the electric water guns with decent performance I wouldn't be complaining. I've read that the Scorpion and Tarantula hold their own, too. It's a shame that the Scorpion was scrapped, although I suspect they realized that it's just not practical to make an electric water gun that competes with upper-end, pressure-powered ones..