Forum archive

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.

Would you like to see a forums archive?

Yes, I would like to see a forums archive.
78%
No, I would not like to see a forums archive.
22%

Total votes: 9

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:10 am

I have been thinking of making a forums archive, essentially one forum where the best threads get put, mostly for reference. This would be a locked forum, read-only because each thread should have been dead for a while. I'm thinking this would bring attention to some lesser-known threads and topics, but what's everyone's thoughts on this?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:52 am

My question is whether there are really that many topics worthy of that movement. At present, we have pinned topics, which I suppose has a slightly different aim, but accomplishes one or two of the same objectives as this idea.

Also, why lock good topics? If they are so good, surely they might conceivably be revived with good material.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:45 pm

Well then, if discussion of these threads is wanted, by all means could I made the forum open.

Also, there is literally tons of great threads hidden around the forums. I just made a quick run through the Tech forum and came up with these from memory by looking at the titles:My idea is to put the best of the best threads in one place so that, hopefully, our members will read some important information not available at our site (without searching or digging).

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:48 pm

Thinking about it again, I now think it would be a good idea, especially if the topics were open. We should go for it. Want me to make the forum, or will you? B)

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:55 pm

I think that's a good idea. I'd view that forum pretty often.

EDIT: spelling

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:11 pm

Originally posted by Spinner@Jan 26 2005, 12:48 PM
Thinking about it again, I now think it would be a good idea, especially if the topics were open. We should go for it. Want me to make the forum, or will you? B)
[snapback]21608[/snapback]

If you did, it would take some work off me. So feel free to. If you can, start adding a few topics as well. Just as long as they've got something good going on, good discussion or a good idea. Of course, completely active topics or "common" topics I don't find fitting for this. ;)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:02 am

Consider it done... B)

I've moved most of the topics you mentioned there, with the exception of "2100 marks", which I pinned instead. I hope that's OK with you.