Assassins

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Strider42

Assassins

Post by Strider42 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:02 am

Hey, Super Soaker Central. My name is Kaleb and I'm a senior from a small town high school in Indiana. Every year, the senior class plays a game called "Assassins" in which everyone forms teams of two and is assigned one team to go after each week. Naturally, this game lends itself more to espionage and tactics than "run and gun" play, but many waterfight principles still apply.

Since I needed a gun I could be easily mobile with but could still dish out some power, I purchased the best gun under those criteria Ebay could offer; the CPS 1000. True, it's on the smaller end, but the reveiws I've read said it was well worth the trade off for portability and power. I've already performed the "Check Valve Freeze" modification, and am about to go pick up a big of balloons to perform the K-mod. After that I intend to get some silicon lubricant and improve the seal on the pump shaft, so I'm well on my way to making my gun among the best out there.

I just wondered if any veterans had any particular advice for me while playing this game. Just to familiarize the rules, no shooting on school grounds, church, or work, and no one can break into your house; a family member has to betray you :-) this opens the door to a senoir year full of "24" style action.

Anyway, any help would be great and you guys are awesome for maintaining this site. It might give me the edge I need to win the $800 prize (split with my teammate and little brother, but still; plenty o' cash 8-) )

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:29 am

I read about the game since its played ay many Universities and City events: http://www.streetwars.ca/index.html

You don't need a K-Mod to win that game or even a soaker. Many have won that game with a tiny squirt pistol since the advanced gamers use stealth, or even more cleverly deception. You can get face close to someone asking for the time with a 2 inch squirt pistol well concealed and ready to squirt without suspicion, while a soaker gives you usualy away on sight.

Now having said that, if you already know what your oponent looks like(which is a more limited and less fun Assasin game version), then just hide behind a corner and snipe him with that K-Modded CPS 1000 of yours.

My personal advice(while it is somewhat mean), follow your oponent to a mall or a restaurant and wait till he has to go to the washroom. While he is "doing his buisness" standing infront of the urinal, shoot him the the back. Like I said, its somewhat mean, but your playing for $800 and not Mc Donalds coupons. Its always best to attack where your oponent is at the weakest.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:12 am

Definately go for that k-mod. It will increase not only the range and power, but also the velocity of the stream. Compared to normal soakers, your stream will travel much faster and reach a target person quicker than they would expect it to. They also cannot tell that the gun is modded just by looking at the exterior, so use that to your advantage as well.

Ambushes should be your best friend here. Especially if you know a certain target goes to a certain place at a certain time of day via a certain route. Also, be sure of the loyalty of your friends/family. Betrayal is a bad way to go down.

Sounds like fun! Post some stories when the game gets under way! :cool:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:02 am

Your CPS 1000 is a good choice in this situation - it has good range for a compact gun. I would recommend you buy a smaller pistol as well, though, such as an XP 15, and conceal it on your body.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Somewhat recent thread with good suggestions: http://forums.sscentral.org/t3500/

Read my reply in that thread. The biggest thing I say to not let your location be known easily, so that when someone comes around to assasinate you they'll have a hard time finding you, let alone eliminating you.

Also, you'll want a fast stream and the CPS 10000 will provide that. When put into a situation where it comes down to who fires first, you'll have a definite advantage because your stream will reach them first given you are an accurate shot. You will not require this K-modded water gun of course. Any water gun with a fast stream would do, but the water gun should be a little less noticable so someone doesn't pick you up on the streets.

Also, go to the most obvious places to find your target. They'll most likely be there. If the rules say no shots at school or work, obviously don't go there to shoot them, but go there to see where they go afterwards. This applies in reverse to you - don't go to the obvious places!

With these tips, you should easily win this game. ;)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:13 pm

What has your teammate in the way of weaponry? Do both of you have to be eliminated, or just one of you?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Strider42

My Gun, My Partner, and Stories

Post by Strider42 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:55 pm

Yeah, the K-mod worked pretty well, although I still have some leaks in the internals I need to epoxy (I think this CPS 1000 sat on the self in some old ladies garage for 6 years until she sold it. When I first tested it, it shot only 15 feet and when I opened the internals, the glue on the resevoir and PC had pretty much the consistency of mayonaise).

Yes, stealth is deffinently more valuable than power in this arena. However, anyone who's playing this game (about 82 teams, meaning 164 people) suspect everyone else. Since we don't know who's assigned to get us, we're leary of anyone. Most of us don't really go to the mall or public places anymore, but what ZOCCOZ said about stealth is key. I have a 99 cent pistol spray painted black that I keep in a holster under my arm at all times. The function my CPS 1000 will serve is when I do a main assult on someone's house, or when I know for a fact that they're out in the open.

For instance, we received intel that one of our targets (we'll call him J) was going to be lurking around his target's house (H). We ambushed him, and if I had had my CPS 1000, he would have been in range a lot sooner and we would have got him for sure. As stands, he spotted us before we could nail him. I was using an XP 75 I think; not enough for that situation. He's one multiple awards from our track team, and we chased for about a mile before he got enough of a lead for his partner to pick him up and peel out. But, hey, that's ok. Live and learn.

We did, however, nail his partner (R). We partner (G) actually works with him, and it was simple. During 7th period study hall, I had G text message R, saying that his dad was going to use his car after school and he needed a ride to work and back. After some pursuading that R can trust G, G gets into the car with R. G has a gun in his pants pocket, but he sees an even better opportunity; R is showing off his own gun. So, G asks if he can see it real quick. R agrees, and G shoots a few times out the window before turning around and unloading on R! It was hilarious! Unfortunately, R was so mad that he ran a stop sign and T-boned another car. It wasn't G's fault that R got hot headed, but still . . . we felt kind of bad. Not bad enough to not call in the hit, though 8-)

But yeah, we only have to get one of our targets to advance, so we're taking a break for the rest of the week, till we get our new assignments on Sunday. If me or my partner gets hit, we'll revive for the next round as long as the other one gets the targets. If we're both shot, we're out of the game even if we've gotten one or both of our targets.

Anyway, you guys are great, I'll update on how we do in the Tournament.
Last edited by Strider42 on Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strider42

Crap

Post by Strider42 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:32 pm

Well, I've got some good news and bad news. The bad news is that my partner got in a little trouble this weekend involving airsoft guns and a police chase. Long story short, he spent the night in jail with a 6' 3" cell mate praying he wouldn't be raped. In the morning he was bailed out, but his parents are furious and our little Assassins partnership is a thing of the past.

Since I can't participate without a partner, she who is running the game let me be something else entirely; I am now Assassin's first mercenary. :cool: Other teams can hire me for support or as a one-man wrecking crew. This might be more fun since I'm moving before the game is over, we'll see.

I've already had a few calls, but there's still plenty of room in my schedule. As always, I'm open to sneaky ways of getting my target out in the open.

~Kaleb