1st Regional Battle: Ridgewood, NJ

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
DX

Post by DX » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:26 am

Those are weekends, the most reasonable dates. Many people will be at camps and the such, but many are free on summer weekends [like myself]. I personally think that dates before July 9 and dates after August 21 are bad times to have the war as people will be finishing/starting school and many take vacations during those time periods. Please post here if you have another date in mind that I didn't mention, there may be workable days that I've left out. Soak on! B)

<Edit> Oh yeah please vote only if you have a shot at coming, don't vote if you live in another part of the country and have no chance of attending. I want to see when the people who might come want to have the battle.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:38 pm

I say 30-31. I'm honestly not sure though. I'll go when ever the rest of you go.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:46 pm

I'm not going, its way to far away.
I think yo should do it as late in the summer as possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:34 am

Bluesmudge, Make your own reginal battle. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would come.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:36 am

And no one else lives in Michigan :o :(
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:17 am

Michigan is 5 hours away from me
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:00 am

I might be able to go, but I doubt the date will really matter. Most important is having a set date early so that we could spend more time planning on how to get there.

USSA

Post by USSA » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:30 pm

I vote for the 16 -17 week because as this is my birthday I may be able to get a few of my friends to come as a party kind of thing. It would only be an extra 1 or 2 people but hey it couln't hurt any.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:55 am

I can go after the 17th.... but I'm away the 10-16th. Hopefully we can actually make the battle worth coming to for you guys from out of town.
Victory to Unit 1!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:23 pm

I think I could come if you plan it late enough. I'll be able to get my license in early April and will be able to drive friends around by Early July (90 days from License issue).
I voted for July 9-10.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:36 pm

I've been thinking of creating a new section on SSCentral to deal exclusively with these regional battles. It is very likely we could get more support with an exciting page. "Battle many other water gun enthusiasts such as yourself for free!" would sound like a great deal to many of our visitors.

I was thinking of something like http://www.sscentral.net/regional/ for the site with info about the regional wars. We'll need to get more clearly defined regions (I believe USSA had some), and maybe even a map. Of course, we'll also have links to this topic and others on that page as well. The 1st Regional Battle seems like a great idea to me, we just need to advertise, and what better way than to put it on a popular site?

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:42 pm

Prior to advertisement I seriously suggest we hammer out all of the necessary internals, like dates and food and day plans and stuff like that. we'll need infrastructure in place to deal with interested water warriors, and we'll probably need contact information so that we can help people who get lost and stuff like that. other than myself I can't really give any official reply on hosting support from waterbridge, because we need to know dates and stuff like that too.
Victory to Unit 1!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:42 pm

BTW. I'm going to have someone film the battle, and I'll be sure to put it on Soaker Media. And about advertising, Anyone who can make some kind of image for advertising Ridgewood 2005, please do and post it here.

USSA

Post by USSA » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:15 pm

Maps for regional competitions are in my opinion foolish. Places with people such as Ridgewood should simply state that they are willing to host a battle. Anyone who want to show up should just feel free. In short I believe that anyone who wants to host a war should and anyone who wants to go to this war has every right to. If there were for example a battle in the midwest it simply wouldn't make sense to say to the folks that lived on the coast that they shouldn't/couldn't come.

In short: regional battles are one thing but quadrants are another. Anyone willing/able to host a battle should and anyone who can attend should.

If two people in jersey both want to have a battle I vote that we encourage them both. Lets get as many hosts as we can...

Soak on!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:21 am

I've been thinking of creating a new section on SSCentral to deal exclusively with these regional battles. It is very likely we could get more support with an exciting page. "Battle many other water gun enthusiasts such as yourself for free!" would sound like a great deal to many of our visitors.
I think that would be a great idea because it would generate more interest in regional battles.
Maps for regional competitions are in my opinion foolish. Places with people such as Ridgewood should simply state that they are willing to host a battle. Anyone who want to show up should just feel free. In short I believe that anyone who wants to host a war should and anyone who wants to go to this war has every right to. If there were for example a battle in the midwest it simply wouldn't make sense to say to the folks that lived on the coast that they shouldn't/couldn't come.

In short: regional battles are one thing but quadrants are another. Anyone willing/able to host a battle should and anyone who can attend should.

If two people in jersey both want to have a battle I vote that we encourage them both. Lets get as many hosts as we can...
I agree that anyone should feel free to host a war if they have the means and there should not be a limit to the number of battles that can be created in any region of the country. Ridgewood may be the first battle in the Northeastern region, but if you want your town to host a 2nd, go right ahead. The more the merrier. If for example, 2 people in NJ wanted to have a battle, do it, just not on the same day. B) If you want to host one, give it a name early so it won't get confused. I think the format should be "your area: # regional battle: your town"
like Northeast: 1st Regional Battle: Ridgewood, NJ
If you want a battle in your town, post a new topic to let everyone know it's a possibilitiy. B)

<Edit>caught a spelling error
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!