Specialization:

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:43 am

First, let me describe a typical, conventional water warfare team. Let's say you have a team of 10 men. You are a commander, there are 2 HWO's, 3 grunts, 2 scouts, 1 special op., and 1 sniper. You, being the commander, have a small, light weapon. Your HWO's have heavy cannons, your grunts have medium-class weaponry, all others have guns suited for their positions. That is an ordinary, common setup, and most teams use that or some variation of it. When you face a team you've never fought before, you know they will have grunts, commanders, snipers, HWO's, etc. and you know how to fight them. Let's say you face a specialized team. What are you up against? How does a specialized team have advantages over a conventional team? First off, few specialized teams exist, I know of only 2, which are the CFM and Waterbridge. I will use the CFM as an example. In a specialized team, there are no defined positions, except commander, and if your team is really good then the term "commander" can also become a fluid one. In the CFM I and a friend are commanders, we have a team of 10, the rest are either core members or regular members based on skill and intelligence on the field. Our standard issue gun is the 21K, but we can use lighter guns if necessary. All of us are able to shift positions with ease, an "HWO" can switch to become a "sniper" and then either switch again if they need to or remain a sniper based on battle conditions. I am a commander, yet I can be a HWO, grunt, sniper, whatever, temporarily. A good fighter on a specialized team knows when to switch positions and back again. I am a zealot for the 21K because it plays a huge role on our team. One can use it for sniping, base defense, an offensive attack, or can go head-to-head with any enemy soldier, even an HWO due to the 21K's range advantage. It is light too, so lighter troops can use them and hold their ground longer than if they used conventional weapons for their role.
An HWO could even pull off a light troops role by applying proper tactics. Tactics are important for switching roles that don't necessarily go along with your gun.
Also, I may be a commander, but that doesn't mean that I have the typical pistol
you would expect. I can defend myself with a 21K or 2500, and can even lead an assault directly. In doing that, I would become an HWO while maintaining my commander role. Thus is the fluidity of positions, which means that we aren't limited to the role we start with. Most commanders can't defend themselves and need support from other troops. If you command a specialized team, you can lead right in the battle line. These are the characteristics of this new type of team.
Waterbridge is also specialized, they need to get better guns to support their tactics, but their tactics are very advanced. Finally, if 3 HWO's out of 3 are knocked out on a conventional team, it can hurt the team badly. On a specialized team, if 3 HWO's are knocked out, other members can take up their positions or at least try. Switching takes a lot of skill in some situations and sometimes it doesn't always work. But anyway, think about this info when you are setting up your team on the day of a battle.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:07 pm

Very good advice, it corresponds well to my team which have no real positions, except those we choose on the battlefield, based on experience of the situations that we find ourselves in.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes