New homemade design

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:59 pm

Check out the attachment. It's a pressurized resivior homemade design. The square wit han arrow is a check valve and the square with a circle is a ball valve. Does this look like it will work? I forgot to add tubing going into the resivior for the water to go into.
Attachments
h2lpr.gif
h2lpr.gif (1.05 KiB) Viewed 1078 times

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:19 am

I can't add new topics, so I'll piggy-back this old, unreplied to topic. Seeing as Doom is asking for new Topics, I expect that this is exeptable.

I just finished my mod. A 12k. I wile ago (about a month) I posted that I had started this mod. after awile I said that I messed up the check valve freeze. I said I fixed it and that it worked fine. I was wrong. The seconed time I used it, it exploded. Just water, no shrapnel, but still not making me very happy.
Since then, I have been working everyday on it. Trying many things. Most involved large amounts of epoxy. Not the maricle glue everyone says it is.
Today I finished it!
Everything past the check valve exept for the PC is custom. The thing is a beast. I needed so much room for extra parts, I had to move the pressure chamber back onto the reservoir. I had to custom mold a few pieces, and cut some holes in the side, but its ready. It spans a 8" nozzle, including a ball valve off the front. As well as tubing prouting off the sides.
I will be testing it tomorrow after the silicone that I used to seal the reservoir dries.
If I had done the check valve right in the beginning, it would have saved me over 10 hours of work and $18. But it looks so cool. And now it is only half super soaker.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:13 pm

Sounds interesting... remember to spell things better. A word every soaker person should know how to spell: reservoir. I didn't know how to spell that until a few months ago.

Is the tubing that is coming out the sides going to have the water flow through it and then into the nozzle? Because I haven't had good experiences with using tubing like that. I thought I should warn you.

Also, I don't know why you don't get this, but silicone will leak even at no pressure. I've tried it before to make backpack mods. I've tried a lot of stuff with it. It doesn't work good, it's only meant from what I know to seal some stuff in bathrooms. If it works good then it's ok.

Post how it works when tested.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:05 pm

The silicone works fine. I used the stuff you use to seal engines, and it's in a part that rarely gets touched by water anyways. The tubing only goes as far as the PC. After that it is barbs, and PVC. When I origionally created it, I didn't have any clear tubing, but I did have some latex tubing lieing around. I figured it would be better, becuase it would be like having a bigger PC. Unfortunately, the stuff was dried out, so after a few tests, it burst like a balloon. I went to the hardware store, and picked up some clear tubing, and replaced it. I havn't yet put the gun together yet, but when it did work with the latex, there were absolutely no leaks, and it was the most quite CPS I have ever heard. Now my only problem is securing the PC, since it isnt in its usual casing. Right now I'm using extra strength duct tape, and thinking of adding some hot glue. But I Don't think that will work. When it was working, the PC wasn't really moving, but it tearing the plastic casing apart. There are cracks all over it now, and I can only get 5 pumps in. Just remember all these problems are before I fixed the tubing, and it might fix itself. The problem with the tubing it that it is only tested to 30PSI. However, I have had the lower parts of the tubing system for a long time, and havn't have any problem with it. The new stuff I put in has no air space, It is barb to barb, with nothing in the middle. However, I did put 3 hose clamps on both parts to make sure it can't expand.

P.S. My worst subject is spelling (if you can call that a subject) so don't get on my case please.
BlueSoak.net