Digeiridoo Ultimate water cannon?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Shadow_Emu

Post by Shadow_Emu » Wed May 18, 2005 12:15 am

-_- I was wondering if a didgeiridoo Could be made into a high powered water cannon. I play the didge and have one bamboo one and a PVC One(The PVC one is really just a peice of pipe. I'm bored with the PVC one and was thinking of turning it into a cannon. But I'm not good at making homemades and wanted to hear if anybody else knows how to. :(
"When you say someone is mad, you mean they are crazy, and the true definition of crazy is chaotic" -Unknown-
"Chaos is simply complexity ungraspable by the human mind" -Robert Peters-
"Intelligience lies in complexity" -Robert Peters-
Chaos Theory will undoubtedly play a part in the future of mankind.
"I see you have the machine that goes PING!"
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"
"What's next, another Kamikaze Watermelon?"

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 18, 2005 10:18 am

Keep the musical instrument. PVC is so cheap, I don't know why you would even consider destroying a perfectly good instrument just to wreck it.

Shadow_Emu

Post by Shadow_Emu » Wed May 18, 2005 11:22 am

-_- My PVC one is just a peice of pipe. And the bamboo one sounds better anyways. :) Besides, it
doesn't really matter. I can buy a new PVC pipe for less than a buck. -_-
"When you say someone is mad, you mean they are crazy, and the true definition of crazy is chaotic" -Unknown-

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed May 18, 2005 2:07 pm

if I were you I would get all the parts Necessary, and try an APH.

Shadow_Emu

Post by Shadow_Emu » Wed May 18, 2005 7:23 pm

What kind of parts? :( I know how to mod currently existing guns, but I've never actually built a gun from scratch.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed May 18, 2005 8:56 pm

There's an article on the site on how to build a APH (Air Pressure Homemade). It's not all too hard, you just need to get the right parts.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

death angel

Post by death angel » Wed May 18, 2005 10:49 pm

Wow, I didn't ever know that people would build musical instruments out of PVC. Also thats pretty awesome that you play the didgeridoo. (BTW, I'm going to Australia for two weeks this summer).
On topic: Wouldn't PVC not make a very good material? Seeing as it can't stand much pressure, and it's only use is to keep gasses (gasses?) under slight pressure?
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 18, 2005 10:59 pm

There are essentially two kinds of PVC: pressure-rated and non-pressure-rated. While most non-pressure-rated PVCs can hold plenty of pressure for a water gun, they are not designed to.

PVC is a very good choice for the pressures us water gunners use! It is lightweight, cheap and performs well. PVC is very commonly used for spud-guns and other high pressure applications it wasn't meant for - the reason why is because it works. ;)

Shadow_Emu

Post by Shadow_Emu » Wed May 18, 2005 11:10 pm

The didgeridoo could play a second purpose in water warfare. Imagine This, you are in a team night-fight, everbody's heading a different direction, and you're in a large forest. Already you're starting to get a little paranoid. Suddenly you hear a soft sound, It seems to be coming from the tree next to you. THen BOOOSH! It gets a thousand times louder and It seems to be coming from everywhere. You panic and start to run before you realize it, you've been ambushed.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Wed May 18, 2005 11:19 pm

That's a pretty good idea, but they might not run into the ambush unless they're surrounded. I did that once with this toy tube thing that when you swing it it makes this weird noise.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu May 19, 2005 1:33 am

I had an idea similar to that, accept using a conch. You can hear one miles away.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci