New Nerf Forum

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
martianshark

New Nerf Forum

Post by martianshark » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Annoyed with the hostility in nerf forums, I made my own forum: Respectful Nerfers. Here, n00bs can ask a simple question without getting banned. I just made it, so please help it grow by joining it. I used a free website hoster, so it might be a bit difficult to use.

Edit: By the way, don't reveal at other nerf sites that I'm the one who made it.

EDIT: The forum has been moved to a different site. I changed the link so it will take you to the new one now.
Last edited by martianshark on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soakernerd

Re: New Nerf Forum

Post by soakernerd » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:12 am

I joined
Do you mind if I put a link to your site in my signature on nerfrevolution and nerfhaven?
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:06 am

I wouldn't mind, but you might get in trouble; they might be mad because the forum calls the other forums "not very nice." So you're NerfGeek?

By the way, if you're a mod here (or someone that should be a mod), I'll make you a mod there if you like.
Last edited by martianshark on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:34 am

I've joined, but I won't do much till I have the money to actually buy a Nerf gun to mod.
I'm a dude

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:42 am

I've joined, and would like to be a mod, but I'm not one here. Darn.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:11 am

Well, the forum isn't really big enough to need mods yet anyway. :/

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:21 am

Those usually don't work out unless you have a good group of "pro's" involved. Just post more carefully at the main forums and it won't be a problem. Either way, people will stay where the content and discussion is; the mods, repairs, homemades, and other information.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:38 am

I need to get this forum to grow then... Maybe I can get some pros to join.

I know how to post carefully... But there's others that don't.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 pm

Then maybe you could set up a system where the rules are emailed to them along with the registration for the forum. This might encourage better grammar, along with growing publicity.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 am

The forum I'm using is very limited. I don't think I can do that. But it does say in the rules to use good grammar.

Specter

Post by Specter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:41 am

i would say to try using/moving to freeforums.org, they use phpbb and the admin control panel is easy to use but very advanced. you can send mass emails to all members and do lots of other stuff.
I've used them for my site for a while, but they recently deleted mine without warning for a tos violation which i never knew about. it was a playstation forum that got deleted for adult content (which i never had any on it, unless i got hit by a spambot or something and didnt know)

-phpbb is kinda like the setup of SSCentral forums so it would be familiar to those from here that go to your forum too.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Respectful Nerfers has been remade. I followed Specter's advice and made it using freeforums.org It has a lot of features, and is much more awesome than the one I was using before. And it's the style that isoaker uses, so some people should be familliar with it. Here's the link: http://respectfulnerfers.freeforums.org/

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:31 am

I joined! The interface on this is much better.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:30 am

Well, after a nice Nerf war today, I decided to join. Mostly so I can get away with posting threads considered to be repetitive and/or dumb by mainstream NIC. I don't blame them for their aggressiveness as they do get a LOT of new, relatively clueless members which understandably gets annoying, but the way things have turned out considerably limits what can be discussed IMO. (After all, you generally have to avoid necro-ing or reposting related threads without making significant contribution to the topic.)