How to open my XP 105

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
trifonius

How to open my XP 105

Post by trifonius » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:24 pm

My XP105 leaks water from the pump bar. I'm trying to repair it, but I can't open it. I already removed all screws, however I can't separate the to halves. They are hold together at the position where one of the pressure chambers, the one with the ring, is located.

Can anyone tell me how to open my blaster?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:21 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central. It sounds like the O-ring in your pump is faulty. Once you get the soaker open, it should be fairly easy to fix. All that you would have to do is find the right size O-ring at a hardware store and replace the one in the pump.

Getting a soaker one sometimes is quite hard. SSCentral is trying to document how to open different types of soakers in our new "Repair Center" (which will also feature internal pictures and many common repairs to broken soakers). Sometimes cosmetic features stop you from opening your soaker. Sometimes the only thing that you can do is break the feature. Some things can be slowly pried off though.

From the pictures that I have seen of the XP 105, it seems that you should just break the ring off. The does not necessarily mean to destroy the ring, just break it enough so that you can open the soaker. If you break it carefully and correctly, it can be repaired to look like what it did before.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.