HELP PLEASE!! XP 310 Bladder Split!!!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
JorD_4

HELP PLEASE!! XP 310 Bladder Split!!!

Post by JorD_4 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:48 pm

Hey Everyone,

I really need help fixing my XP-310. I got it last year and I never really used it much, I wasn't really interested at the time. Now I absolutely love Water Guns, and when I found my old XP-310 and XP-70 I was so happy. BUT.....I have one MAJOR PROBLEM! My friend was re-filling the tank and the water was pouring extremely fast and it pressured the tank/bladder and it split. Luckily it never broke to pieces. It has on big split in the bottom and it goes right up to the cap. What can I do to REPAIR this problem? I really need your help people! So what could I do to fix this split to make it stop leaking and re-breaking etc. ???

Please help me out on this one,

Thanks a lot,

JorD
XP GuNNeR: Currently own: XP-70, XP-310
Will soon own: All other XP's
XP GuNs All The Way! - JorD -

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:55 pm

There's no bladder problem here; only CPS soakers use rubber bladders to hold the water. The bladders apply constant force, as opposed to the air pressure in other soakers (like your XP 310).

Pictures would be helpful, but I respect that many people don't have access to a digital camera. If it's just a small split, epoxy might work; however, if it's bigger, you might have to replace the PC completely.

JorD_4

Post by JorD_4 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:00 pm

:confused: Sorry about that SilentGuy, Well it's just that my tank is split close to the bottom, I will send you a picture. Do you think epxoy would work? Hopefully because I feel really bad about my gun. It's my favorite one! So hopefully the epoxy works!

Thanks a lot,

JorD

P.S. Does epoxy usually work REALLY well? :confused:

JorD_4

Post by JorD_4 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:16 pm

I won't be able to send the picture of my split tank yet, I will when I get my Digital Camera! Sorry

RecklessAssault2

Post by RecklessAssault2 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:55 am

If you have a strong enough epoxy and it's just cracked, that should work. Just give the epoxy sufficient time to dry, put water in the reservoir, and see if it leaks (and, if it does, where it leaks). Then just reapply the epoxy as needed.

Another option is to make a reservoir out of a 2L soda bottle. My 310's reservoir was completely shot, so that's what I did with mine. It's not too difficult to do, and it'll hold more and be stronger than the stock reservoir anyway. If you'd like to try this, let me know and I'll tell you how I did it.
O-ren Ishii: "You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?"
The Bride: "You know, for a second there... yeah, I kinda did."
-Kill Bill Vol. 1

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:16 am

Are we talking pressure chamber or reservoir here?

For a reservoir, it might be held with a bit of the right tape/glue. Or it can be replaced... not impossible

For a PC, you gotta problem there. Three options:
1) Find some good glue and hope it holds.
2) Block off the PC and use only one (Not favourable)
3) It can be replaced - I did a mod for a 3xA which means it had an extra PC. It could be fiddled with to fit a 310.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

JorD_4

Post by JorD_4 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:14 pm

Ok. I am talking about the resevoir tank, the tank that holds the amount of water like when re-filling for example!

JorD_4

Post by JorD_4 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:16 pm

Recklessassault2, I would really like to know how to do that 2L soda bottle reservoir mod! Does yours work out good? If So i could probably do that! So yes of course I would like to know how to do the resevoir 2L soda bottle mod please!

Thanks a million,

JorD

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:25 pm

Aha! This whole time, I thought we were talking about the pressure chamber!

If it's just the reservoir, then you shouldn't have any problems--you won't even need to open the soaker. One of my soakers got a busted reservoir, but a ton of duct tape fixed that (it might still leak, but definitely not too much...I'm not sure). However, epoxy is probably a better solution than duct tape is, and without any pressure, neither will be blown out.