Requesting input on the XXP 175

General water gun discussion.
The Stealthy Panda

Requesting input on the XXP 175

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:55 pm

I got an XXP 175 off eBay about 10 or 20 minutes ago. :cool: I read on aqua nexus(good website for reviews of SS up to 2003, to find it just google "aqua nexus", doesn't have it's own domain name) that it was a great gun with a shot time of, like, 10 seconds. Now that I've spent my free birthday money on it, I would like input from XXP 175 owners on this maybe awesome blaster.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue May 01, 2007 9:45 am

It's a decent gun. Soakage is reasonable for its size, and it's quite fun to have dual streams. The main downside is that's it's only PR technology, and so isn't quite as powerful as it could have been. I don't use mine that much, but I'd still say it's a gun worth having.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue May 01, 2007 7:23 pm

I think my brother had one of these once (he had one with 2 threaded reservoirs, and the XXP 175 is the only gun I know of that has those). With that said, 2 threaded reservoirs sure sounds like a pain to refill (as if one wasn't bad enough). One large reservoir with a cap is much better than 2 smaller ones that you have to unthread. Also, 1 large stream is better than 2 smaller streams.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu May 03, 2007 3:24 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Also, 1 large stream is better than 2 smaller streams.
Not necessarily. In some situations, the wider spread of two streams might prove more useful than the spread of a single large stream.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Thu May 03, 2007 5:51 pm

That's what I was thinking. Like in base defense. But it would be twice as bad if you got shot in the eye. :p
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 03, 2007 8:46 pm

In terms of targeting, multiple streams can be useful in rare cases if you're good at aiming at multiple targets, including leading with two streams. However, from most other perspectives, a single larger gun is going to be more powerful and more useful, and a single larger stream is going to have more range. ;)

EDIT: Regarding multiple nozzles like on the XXPs, I don't really know. I'd guess the streams wouldn't have as much range as a single larger stream, and you can't aim at multiple targets. But I think there's a cap for closing off one nozzle.

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Thu May 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Well, I got it, and it's not the bombshell I was hoping for. One stream is significantly more turbulent than the other, and the soakability leaves much to be desired, although that can be remedied with a nozzle drilling, because the shot times are so long. I'll try to get a review up, as well as some pictures. I'll post again when I've finished modifying.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)