XP 240, please help if you can!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
nacnud112

XP 240, please help if you can!

Post by nacnud112 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:53 am

My old XP 240 broke a few days ago, I didn't think it would be fixed with sellotape and it isn't, so can anyone tell me how to fix it inexpensively?

Please, please help.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:31 pm

First of all, here are a few general posting-related hints:
1--Don't make duplicate threads, but Spinner already closed the other one.

2--Read the sticky threads that deal with posting, especially "Best way to get repair help..."

3--As a summary of the thread I linked to above, clearly explain exactly what is wrong with your soaker. I can't see what the problem is when you just say it broke, so a bit more detail would be appreciated. Thanks ;) .

4--Read the articles at SSC, not just the Forums. The Repairs page, currently being redone, has four different trigger repairs. One of them might be correct, but since I don't know the problem, I wouldn't know.

5--If the problem isn't described on that page, check previous topics in the Forums' Repairs subforum. You can do this either by searching or by slogging through the threads manually.

Sorry if all that sounded a bit rude, but it'll help both you and us if you describe things a bit clearer and check out what's already been done. Once again, thanks!

nacnud112

Post by nacnud112 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:15 am

No, It's not rude.
I can't find any thing on the repair page about repairing the water tank, because that is the broken part.
Can any one else suggest an inexpensive way of fixing it?
I'm sorry, but I can't get a picture of it.
Last edited by nacnud112 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:50 pm

Since the reservoir doesn't need to hold any pressure, this shouldn't be too hard to repair.

For my XP 270's weak casing, I used duct tape after trying to melt the plastic together didn't help. I would use epoxy if possible, but duct tape is an alternative.

Or did you mean the pressure chamber itself was broken? I believe the iSoaker.com server is down, so I can't check to see if the soaker is PR and other stats.

EDIT: I searched Google for a few images of an XP 240, and it looks like it might be PR (pressurized reservoir--the pressure chamber and the reservoir are the same and air gets pumped in) after all. If that's the case, then you'll want a very durable solution--so slather the casing with putty epoxy in a thick layer.
Last edited by Silence on Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.