Concerning an XP 110....

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
hylianarmy

Concerning an XP 110....

Post by hylianarmy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:11 pm

I just picked one of these up from a local thrift store; it holds pressure, but the thing's a mess; it leaks like all get-out, and the pressure gauge is stuck.

I want to open it up to repair it, but there's a nozzle cover in the way, and I can't seem to get it off. I don't really want to force it, for I want to try and keep the gun as intact as I possibly can.

Does anyone have any tips on how to remove that piece without damaging it beyond repair?

-G-JiV-

Re: Concerning an XP 110....

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Removing glued parts is very difficult. When I tried to open a CPS 1000, to K-Mod it, I really gently pulled the nozzle cap away but suddenly it got a big crack, so it stopped, but only because I was trying to modify a WORKING gun.

I would recommend, to watch carefully at the glued parts and try to find out where they are glued. There usually are some specific points, where some glue is put in, extend the glued part at these points, and it will be removeable^^
Do not try to put in a screw-driver and push it just in...this will crack it, gently extend at the right points...
In case it brakes, ok, then get it off with the least damage, and repair this after the gun is in full working oder again. Just be careful and work gently, do not use to much power, this plastic is probably more than 10 years old...

by the way: Do not forget, a working, "ugly" gun is better than a beautiful gun without the ability to shoot...

Good luck :)
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:26 pm

-G-JiV- wrote:by the way: Do not forget, a working, "ugly" gun is better than a beautiful gun without the ability to shoot...
Good luck :)
Agreed.
If you end up breaking it, duct tape fixes everything :rolleyes:

In order to remove it without breaking it, find the thinest thing you can (knife works well) and place it between the nozzle cap and the body of the gun. Work the knife all the way around the seam. Repeat with progressively larger tools until you can pull it off.

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:33 am

you could always try heating it up gently with a heat gun or the like to soften the glue
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Make sure you don't melt the plastic though
I'm a dude