Problems with a Max-D 6000

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
mackiwi

Problems with a Max-D 6000

Post by mackiwi » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:45 am

I bought myself a Max-D 6000 a few days ago (brand new). For some reason, if it hasn't been used for a couple of hours or more, the first time I pull the trigger it doesn't click, and water just dribbles out. Pulling the trigger again makes it act normally. Also, the gun sometimes keeps shooting water after I release the trigger...any ideas why it is doing this? Should I take it back, or is there an easy fix for it? Thanks.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:52 am

For some reason, if it hasn't been used for a couple of hours or more, the first time I pull the trigger it doesn't click, and water just dribbles out. Pulling the trigger again makes it act normally. Also, the gun sometimes keeps shooting water after I release the trigger
This is normal Max D behavior. But that usually happens during the last couple of months before the death of a Max-D. If you plan on using the Max-D 6000 much later in the future, you might want to return it for a new one.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:57 am

Welcome to SSCentral!

http://www.sscentral.net/tech/repairs/otvr.php

You can do something similar to that to repair this problem. I should make a guide, it really is quite simple and I've had it on my Max-d 6000 for months. Basically you add a rubber band to close the trigger. Easiest location to do so is the trigger. There's not much more of an explanation I can give you right now.