MONSTER XL over charged HELP

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
newb

Monster Xl Help open trigger valve

Post by newb » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:33 am

Hi I over presureised my monster XL. I was using the QFD, and I axcidentally filled it up to much. Now it acts as if the trigger is broken. Whenevery i pump, or whenever I use the QFD. the gun automatically shouts. This is a big problem. I fear that it is broken. I have taken it apart so far, and do not know what else to do at the moment. Can any one help me?
Last edited by newb on Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:42 am

Does everything look ok? Look carefully at the trigger valve and see if it's cracked or anything.

newb

Post by newb » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:52 am

There is a hole where the pressurization part is revealed, and i can see that if i pull the trigger it works perfectly fine. By the way where is the trigger valve?

there seems to be no leakage at all. I just tried using the QFD once again, and it has no real luck.
Last edited by SSCBen on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post joined together

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:09 am

There is an article on our website titled Open Trigger Valve Repair in the Repairs section. The description says "How to fix that pesky problem of when your gun shoots while pumping." This sounds to be exactly what you are experiencing.

Also, you can easily see what the trigger valve is in another article on our website: http://www.sscentral.org/tech/articles/parts.php

I would very highly suggest checking our website before asking here! Nearly all of your questions are answered there. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but save everyone time by checking our website.
Last edited by SSCBen on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

newb

Post by newb » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:29 am

Ben
I see. I have just recieve your letter, so now I am joining the posts.

I also tried the Open Trigger Valve Repair. It seems like that is not the problem. Is my last resourt opening the trigger valve?

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:38 am

The actual casing surrounding the trigger and PC's is seperate and rather difficult to get off; if you have done that, you will probably find that your trigger valve parts have been glued together, if they aren't, open it up and examine the problems.

PS: The MXL has such crappy range because the two PC's converge into one trigger valve, then seperate again on the nozzles. Hasbro was cheap in the manufacturing, and it led to less range.

newb

Post by newb » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:56 am

I see, however I have already taken that apart. The only problem is that the piping is glued together, so in order for anyone to take the trigger valve apart, a certain part must be removed. That part I beleve, is the super charge attached to the front. I think I would have to saw it, for it is all glued stiff from that point on. Or unless there is some kind of substance/chemical, that would enable me to remove the glue. Other than that I dont know what els to do.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:22 pm

If you sawed it off you would have a big gaping hole for water to leak out of...

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:51 pm

My advice is don't do anything permanent (sawing) until you are ABSOLUTELY sure that you know what you're doing.

newb

Post by newb » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:01 pm

Can’t you just use glue, to bond the part back to its original state? Won't plumbers adhesive change the properties & start to melt the plastic together? My chemistry teacher told me that plumbers adhesive would have the strength to bond two pieces of plastic together. This is because the adhesive would make the properties of two plastic bonds. After that it would just act as one solid plastic part.

Or any type of super glue to rebound it.

Oh I have just detached a section. Now I’m only left with the trigger valve. The only problem is taking the trigger valve apart. It is covered with glue. I am not sure what type of glue the company used. Is there any way for me to get this thing apart, without breaking it? I tried using a screw driver, knife, & another sharp object. Apparently this is not helping me open it. I have a few scratched, & cuts because of this method. So would there be any other method in opening it? Chemical?

m15399

Post by m15399 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:05 pm

I'm suprised if it's repairable at all, if you have really sawed out the trigger valve from the soaker. Is this what you actually did?

newb

Post by newb » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:19 pm

Nope I sawed off one part, that was not any of the pipes. If I were to super glue it, it would stick rite back on. The problem is opening the trigger valve. It is stuff with glue. Even after I took off the screwes, it is extremly hard to open. Should I try to saw it open? Pry it open? or just ask hasbro for a replacement.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:01 pm

First of all, are you sure you even need to open the trigger valve? That's propably not a very good idea unless you absolutely have to. Even then, you may have to replace the entire valve with a ball valve if you break it.

newb

Post by newb » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:10 pm

Yes I'am sure that the problem lies with the Trigger valve. & even if i get a ball valve. the trigger will be of no use. Now wouldn't it? What is my next step?

m15399

Post by m15399 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:28 pm

Better a ball valve than no valve. I've never opened a trigger valve, so your next step is to wait for someone who has.