What recent repairs have you done?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:38 pm

I'm sick from school today, so I fixed the replacement paper clips and rubber bands in my already repaired MD2K and MD5K, and a strap mod for my other MD2K. What mods/repairs have you done lately?

EDIT: Agh, grammar.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:57 pm

I've recently done 2 repairs: 1 on the storm 800 and 1 on the Hydroblade
On the storm 800 I had a pump handle that was stuck and, after trying 20 or so solutions, I remembered seeing something on a website(I think it was sscentral)
I tried putting cycle oil on it and it worked perfectly.(not much of a repair)
On the hydroblade, the trigger mechanism was broken and I simply replaced the valve and homemade a trigger thing.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:21 pm

My most recent repair was one to repair a snapped pump shaft in the handle of my CPS 1000. I do have pictures and am intending to make a formal article on the repair. Essentially, I used a small piece of brass tubing to bridge the crack. I first thought epoxy would have been necessary, but the repair held well. I do not think you could successful perform this repair on a pump shaft cracked in the center without epoxy or another glue. Part of the reason I used brass tubing was that epoxy sticks well to brass. ;)

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:18 pm

I finally repaired my long broken XP 110! The trigger was broken where it meets the trigger valve (CPS guns have wire for this job, some XP used strips of plastic this broke). Trying to find a repair for my XP 110 lead me to join the soaking community, and I haven't looked back since (except to vaguely wonder where my life went (Hey, that's funny. joke)).
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

hotshotwithcps4100

Post by hotshotwithcps4100 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:30 pm

My most recent repair was done on my CPS 4100.The trigger broke and it was still pressurized so I opened it up,drilled a hole in the part of the trigger that did not break and inserted a string through it,closed it up.And it worked.
Ultima Soak. Coming soon!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:24 am

Not really a repair, but yesterday I 'fixed' my Max D Secret Strike trigger, It wasn't actually broken, but the way it works annoys me and I just made it work like a normal trigger (If you have used a Secret Strike then you'll know what I'm on about).
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:38 pm

The spring on my FFs trigger broke, so I had to find a way to attach it again, it works better now <_<
Has anyone else had this problem with the soakertag line?

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:31 pm

Not many people have had problems with the '05 soakertag line, mainly because we can't get our hands on it yet.

But with me, being very accident prone, I'll probably have the same question soon.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:33 pm

I haven't actually done it, but the Triple Aggressor's trigger disconnects all the time. I was just wondering if there was any way to modify it so it stays intact all the time.

This won't help me, I ditched my 3A as soon as I could, but I was just wondering whether it can be helped. It apparently has a very strange PC shape, which may be part of the problem.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

hotshotwithcps4100

Post by hotshotwithcps4100 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:16 pm

Now my latest repair would be my Storm 500 in which the pump was stuck and not moving. I opened it up and put WD-40 on the white rod inside and it worked, the photon light doesn't work anymore though -_- .
Ultima Soak. Coming soon!

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:22 am

My latest repair would be my CPS 2700. The pump cap snapped off. Hooray for duct tape!
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<