History dawdling...

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Soakologist

History dawdling...

Post by Soakologist » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:10 pm

I think if I grew up in the late 18th century, I would have made sure Johnny Appleseed and I were best friends. What a freakin weirdo, right? Wore a pot on his head and planted apple trees everywhere. There's no way that guy had any friends. He'd have no choice but to make me his best. I would have worn a washboard 'round my neck and overalls and been his right hand man, Saddy Dumpington.
We'd crisscross this great nation of ours, he planting apple trees and me rapping out songs of the day on my washboard for the townsfolk in exchange for table scraps. Songs like, um, 'Yankee Doodle' or maybe 'Skip to my Lu.' I'm not sure if those were around back then, though. Or if they'd sound like anything other than 'SCRRREENK SCRUNK, SCRRRENK, SCRUNK!' on a washboard. Geez, my job woulda been way harder than his. Ungrateful hippie. Nothing but chuckin' seeds and getting all the girls for Appleseed while Saddy picks up the slack and keeps food on the table. Forget Johnny Appleseed. I'll take my washboard and jam with Frederic Chopin instead. That guy knew how to party. Orchestrally.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:56 pm

Ahah! I KNEW Saddy Dumpington sounded familiar! Way to "quote" Homestar Runner... :rolleyes: