the modding of the crap

Threads about water gun modifications.
blaze

the modding of the crap

Post by blaze » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:20 am

Ok this is a project im going to get done. I have a cps 1-3-5 and originally it was a piece of XPBackfire-esque so I decided thati would make it good. the 1-3-5 has a ton of potential and could really be a great soaker if it was built right. I have already drilled all the nozzles to about 9x. im going to do a light k mod, with 20 balloons unless I decide to do a check valve freeze, in which ill do like 45. the problem is that im afraid that if I do a check valve freeze that I can't "abuse" my soaker and I'd have to be extra careful about everything. project MOC (Modding Of the XPBackfire-esque) could use extra mods and stuff. im not interested in range and XPBackfire-esque, just in SHEER POWER DUMPAGE! and when im done modding and I put the case back on, ima duct tape the entire thing so its crazy awesome.

one more thing--for those of you that remember last summer when spikey did that "double deus" thing...that was me. Don't GET MAD, DOOM! IM JUST OLDER AND MORE PRIVELAGED THAN YOU! Hey, that's funny. ok sorry but you have to admit 2 soakers at once is...amazing.

^forget that note, just help me with project MOC. thnx :D

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:59 pm

I don't care who you were at one time, I was a pretty annoying inexperienced user as well. That was a few years ago though.

Drilling all the nozzles to 9X is insane, but only because it's all of them! That's 45X output, it's range would be terrible with all of them, not to mention the split second shot time. I would recommend doing a mod I'm going to add tommorow, it will make it use one nozzle, one 9X nozzle is much better than 5 9X nozzles, unless you madly K mod it it won't be able to have a 45X output very well.

Check valve freezing does require you to be more careful with your gun. If you want that power you have no choice however. I was thinking about trying to replace the release valve, improperly called a "check valve" in the mods, only kept because that's what everyone calls it. Then I can select what PSI I want it to release the water at, so I can't overpump it. I haven't done that.

blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:22 pm

actually, I Don't have to worry about the 4 nozzles on the side...they Don't work. the middle one shoots hella far for like 2 seconds and its hella powerful. I didn't check valve freeze, just k modded with 20 balloons. the only problem is that I broke the thing that holds in the pump shaft thing and so I gotta be careful when im pumpin or it comes out. but its ok cuz I can easily just slide it back in.
so I guess im done.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:35 pm

I think I'll make an article about repairing that, same thing happened to my 2700. I put a hole throught a 2 liter cap the size of the pump shaft and stuck it in right before the hole. It works great, I can't explain it well so wait for the article.

blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:02 pm

oops sorry its actually about 7x. new name: cps 10-30-50...haha. here check out the attached pics.
Attachments
cps_10_30_50.JPG
cps_10_30_50.JPG (87.06 KiB) Viewed 1391 times

blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:02 pm

^sorry about the shaky camera

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:22 pm

Nice pics, don't double post. Got any other plans for this gun?

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:39 pm

naw, I think ima let it stay how it is. its really powerful.